Wapun Meadow If I was out of my body you would see the truth
899 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Warrior
Deerstalker
her excitement is impossible to stifle. they are leaving the valley! she is fond of the place, so she hopes this isn't permanent (like the move from the den) but the change in scenery is exhilarating. they step as a pack into the field of flowers, and she is lost in the myriad sights and smells.

and then she sees them. the others.

dutifully, she remains at Astara's flank, trying to keep up as best as she can. when the wolves of ursus draw to a halt, she does so as well, surveying the strangers. one by one, she stares—and one is red like her; how fascinating!—and her eyes halt upon one man.

the dark man, with deep blue eyes. Avicus looks at him, then glances up at Astara. the man, Astara. the man, Astara. it is a near-mirror image, and she feels curious and confused and a little combative as she wonders why.

the words of diplomacy go unnoticed, barely heard. she is fixated on her mother's shadow.
but see, amid the mimic rout,
a crawling shape intrude —
a blood-red thing that writhes from out
the scenic solitude
Messages In This Thread
RE: If I was out of my body you would see the truth - by Avicus - August 13, 2020, 09:38 AM
RE: If I was out of my body you would see the truth - by Derg - September 10, 2020, 02:28 PM
RE: If I was out of my body you would see the truth - by Derg - September 17, 2020, 12:57 PM