the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
Joining 
@Ira @Riley
a bit after this thread
"It's a change from the mountains, but it's a home." It was funny in a way that Orlaith left only a while ago, and came back to bring a pup.. Now she left the next day, only to come back to bring a yearling. What's next, a full-grown adult? The streak surely has shown a continuous destine of recruitment for the guard.

Stepping into the land, she firstly howled for the Count. It wouldn't be wise to simply bring him within the territory, especially since he was more ground and well, was once a saint. That was crucial part, but Orlaith was ready to speak up on his behalf, especially since he gave crucial information on who she was once.

Indebted to Kaistleoki for saving her, but also to Riley for sharing the past-life.
[Image: dbsjoiy-a0dc5a12-726e-4fc9-9f6e-325ac868...sKmYWTqVa4]
Pledged
Dragonspine
fine as any blade
429 Posts
Ooc —
Riley had followed close enough, but distance grew between them as they neared the borders. He was nervous; it was one thing that Orlaith was here, but what if he was turned away, or what if he was not good enough? Riley had never requested entrance into a pack before -- Donovan had insistently invited him, and well, he'd been born in Easthollow.

Halting at an invisible line where the scent was thickest, Riley looked at Orlaith helplessly. He might have had a response for this not being a mountain (he had never cared for mountains any more than he cared for desert), if he was not feeling such a strange buzzing sensation of anxiety in the back of his skull.
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
im running out of muse for starting posts cyp >:(

Day after day, the calls began to be consistent at the borders, though this time the one who summoned her was yet again Orlaith. Did she ever get far in her search? The Count couldn't help but wonder how she traveled so fast, though as she approached she took note of the male at her side. Once more raising a brow, Ira glanced to Orlaith with a puzzled expression. Had she been stopped again? He took a similar coloration to the pup she had brought back, but he looked far too young to have produced the pup himself. Orlaith, welcome back...again? She turned her attention now to the stranger Are you a friend?
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
"Hear me out- I don't mean to bring wolves intentionally," it just kinda happens. How was she supposed to know everytime she steps into the plains, Orlaith somehow brings a wolf with? First it was the pup, and that was something she to bring back, it would be against her morals to do so. Even though she wasn't really sure where her morals lay at the moment, it felt wrong to leave him here.

"On the bright side- he previously knew me, and so, wants to join with me." If any moment was a finger-gun moment, surely this was it, "he chill." The fire wolf was definitely refraining from mentioning she did in fact attack him in the supposed previous life. That was something that wouldn't be mentioned, and honestly it'd show up quite a few questions for the Count.

Her past was already.. Kinda chaotic, she didn't really want to add to the stress.
Pledged
Dragonspine
fine as any blade
429 Posts
Ooc —
Riley held his composure as they waited, though he glanced often to Orlaith for silent reassurance. They were met in short order by a woman who in Riley's estimation, was hard as stone and willowy as the whipthin vines that grew persistently over shale. He only glanced at her a moment before looking away, but his first impressions of the fox-faced leader were that she was of very different cloth than Donovan.

Orlaith vouched for him, and Riley only looked up once the phoenix was done speaking. It took several seconds for him to formulate a response, and there was an awkward lull in between the conversation before Riley spoke again.  "I'm Riley." He nearly said Redleaf, but held his tongue. What good had his mother ever done for him -- and why did he still have her name? It was then Riley first considered he needed a new last name, one that tied in his upbringing with his identity -- which was a distinctly different thing. "I'm looking for a pack." He looked at the ground once more, the silence yawning between them as Riley fumbled with words. "I can earn my keep."
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The Count's eyes shifted between the two. He knew her from beforehand, made sense that he'd want to stay nearby, but who was he to her? The boy was fairly young so not a lover. Orlaith and Riley didn't look related either, actually, something seemed familiar about him, but she couldn't place just what. You knew Orlaith? Perhaps he had the answers she sought, and while Ira was mildly curious it was none of her business to pry about what kind of wolf the warrior was before.

Really Ira had no qualms with the boy joining. Given the effects of the rain, an extra set of paws could be beneficial. What strengths do you hold? I don't expect you to be a master at anything, but it will be a basis for what you can work on. Her gaze flicked once more to Orlaith, curious if she had explained any of Kaistleoki's ways to him before leading the boy back to their borders. We strive for self-improvement here and encourage each other to push their skills to a new level. Of course there was more than that, but for now, it would suffice.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
"I found out I was originally from Seelie Court but left-" Orlaith paused, "I don't have a place to go back to anymore." She refrained from saying the reason why, as her past self wasn't the most elegant of wolves, and that she also left for some disagreements. She wanted to find out herself eventually and ask the leader why the other treated her as so, as Riley put it 'weren't appreciated.'

"I feel in my heart i'm a warrior, maybe you are one too, yeah?" She laughed at the thought, since the flaming wolf did originally attack Riley. If he survived from her, maybe he was one as well!
Pledged
Dragonspine
fine as any blade
429 Posts
Ooc —
"Yes." The boy responded, having been prompted if he knew Orlaith. He shared a glance with the phoenix then, uncertain.

As far as what skills he had... Riley visibly balked. He had never been talented at much of anything, unless irritating his mother counted as a talent. Orlaith was expounding on how they had met while Riley was struggling to formulate some sort of appropriate answer. One that didn't make him sound like he was useless, which he was not.

"I can defend myself," Riley felt both women's eyes on him and began to feel overwhelmed as the seconds ticked by. "I guess I could learn whatever you wanted to teach me. I don't know. I don't have a skill." Maybe that was it -- maybe he wasn't mean to be a pack wolf, and coming to Orlaith's home had been a grave mistake.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
can probably start wraping this up here! Might be my last post depends on riley and orlaith! we can just assume a tour takes place for riley after this thread too

Ira couldn't help but raise a brow at the mentioning of the court. She had only visited once, but they too were involved in removing the Saints...Perhaps that explained the feelings that name stirred in the warrior. A question pressed at her lips, but the Count held back. She had no need to poke at her reasoning for leaving and there's a good chance Orlaith wouldn't remember anyway. As I've said before, you are more than welcome to make this a permanent home.

From there the conversation smoothly transitioned back to the boy Orlaith had brought back. She was quick to offer a skill in his place, though he seemed unsure with her words. After a long pause though Riley would answer for himself. Ira let out a hum as she mused over her options. It wasn't unreasonable for him to not be sure, he was still young after all. Self defense is good, if you can protect yourself you can protect the pack. Golden eyes shifted back to Orlaith as she gave a gesture to the warrior, Perhaps Orlaith can teach you more. It will give her the chance to brush up on her skills as well.

The roan woman rolled her shoulders before taking a few steps towards the boy having made her decision, Don't sound so unsure of yourself. You're young. We have plenty of time to find your potential and passions. Until then, you will be a Newcomer and work your way to Commoner. Turning, the Count would move further into the territory motioning for the other two to follow into their new home.
the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
Orlaith put her paw to her chest with a grin, "I won't hurt you this time." Though the count may not understand, Riley would clearly. A friendly spar wouldn't result into a heinous injury, unless something seemed to set her off. On losing memories she definitely became more tame, as there was less sress, and less to be angry about. She couldn't remember it, besides the leftover feelings that swirled around- and finally, she figured out why.

Now mellowed down, the wolf felt more at ease, "It's a nice place, it's a good home." Prompting Riley to follow, Orlaith went after Ira for the tour. It was a pleasant area- with fresh water and near the mountains.
Pledged
Dragonspine
fine as any blade
429 Posts
Ooc —
Thank you! Archiving here <3

Riley expected his lack of skills might result in him being turned away. Instead, Ira (and Orlaith) were encouraging -- young as he was, he was a sponge, and would readily absorb whatever they wished to impart upon him.

By the time he registered Orlaith was joking, Ira and Orlaith both were striding away. Inferring they intended to give him a tour of his new home, Riley trotted after both with his tail held subserviently low and his eyes drinking in all he could. By nightfall he would be exhausted, but his belly would be full -- by morning, Riley would smell heavily of Kaistleoki.