The Sentinels I'm afraid to sleep because of what haunts me
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen had made a particular friend recently - while eating a breakfast in form of rabbit scraps, a little crow had left it's perch in the trees and settled not too far from, where she had settled down. It hopped closer, inch by inch and at the same time he was very nonchalant about his true intentions. Whenever the she-wolf's keen gaze met his intelligent black bead-like eyes, the bird pretended to be pecking something on the ground. Having such a companion for a meal soon proved to be so amusing, that after Wraen had finished eating, she left just enough for the bird to have something to steal.

Thus had an odd friendship between two different species begun. Their shared interest was in carrion and, though Wraen knew that the bird was using her, she did not mind. After all she had set out in the world to make new friends, acquaintances and allies and she did not see a reason, why a bird would not be as good as any wolf. The crow did not show himself always, but the she-wolf was aware, when he was around and was watching her. Sometimes - when she lied asleep (with one eye open just in case), the crow dared to hop around her and even be so bold to pull her lightly on the ear or peck on her fur. And, when she was in particularly good mood, she playfully snapped at the shameless creature, being careful though to let him escape every time.

Needless to say that every successful escape time made somebody bolder and it was the reason that, when Wraen walked the sandy shores this evening, she had a little winged tail just few feet behind her. She idly wondered, when should she test the avian companion again, when shimmering log not too far from, where her path was leading, caught her attention. Upon closer examination the shape and size seemed vaguely familiar, but not wishing to disturb the other's moment of peace and quiet, she did the next good (perhaps, worst) thing - made no noise, sat down and observed him quietly. And right next to her the crow landed and watched as well.
Messages In This Thread
I'm afraid to sleep because of what haunts me - by RIP Bronco - September 26, 2020, 12:35 PM
RE: I'm afraid to sleep because of what haunts me - by Wraen - September 26, 2020, 12:51 PM
RE: I'm afraid to sleep because of what haunts me - by Wraen - September 27, 2020, 01:27 PM
RE: I'm afraid to sleep because of what haunts me - by Wraen - September 28, 2020, 04:25 PM
RE: I'm afraid to sleep because of what haunts me - by Wraen - November 01, 2020, 10:14 AM
RE: I'm afraid to sleep because of what haunts me - by Wraen - November 01, 2020, 12:33 PM