Lake Rodney wind and words, wind and words
25 Posts
Ooc — Bo
All Welcome 
Thirsty and full of restless thoughts, the large she-wolf trekked out across the fen and toward the lapping waters of the lake. She stepped through the trees and toward the edge of the water, peering at the murky surface as it glistened against the light of the sun overhead.

Once she had reached the shores, Jupiter lowered her crown toward the water and lapped until the dryness in her throat was quenched. She could not help but think of her conversation with Maia and the temptation in joining their foundling pack to help it reach formation. It was something that she knew would fulfill her and bring her a great deal of joy, but she wondered if it would turn her away from her aspirations. Who would teach her how to fight? Who would show her how to grow as a warrior and become stronger?

Stepping her paws into the cold water, Jupiter searched her immediate surroundings and sighed softly. Winter was upon those lands and she knew that the cold would bring new hardships for many of them. The burly beast knew that she would do better in the ranks of a pack, at least through the coldest seasons.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen had not strayed far from Broken Antler Fen, since her arrival there and decision about settling for the winter. Their numbers were small, there was a lot of uncertainty about the whole ordeal and this had cemented her wish to remain on guard in the area. Just in case another group of loners came and wanted to claim the territory that she had already grown very fond of. 

However with some coercing from friends and family she decided to take a walk outside and, when she caught sight of fresh track of footprints in the snow, she decided to follow them in order to see, where they led and who had made them. A friendly curiousity with a healthy dose of caution - this she kept in mind, when she finally saw the person in question, having stopped by the lakeshore to have a drink. 

"Hey, wanderer!" she alerted the other from afar, closing the distance to meet her. "Where are you heading to?" she asked.
25 Posts
Ooc — Bo
A voice sounded and pulled the burly she-wolf’s ears back to the origin. When the dappled fighter turned herself around, she was rather surprised by the approaching figure. The wolf was lean and beautiful, from what Jupiter could tell at that distance. Sunlight shimmered from overhead just before a large wave of clouds washed over it and drenched the lands in a cool shade. Without the sun shining on her face, Jupiter could see out across the shore and could make out the approaching wolf much easier.

“Greetings there!”

Her voice was joyous in its calling. Jupiter flagged her tail behind her in a welcoming fashion, unsure about what had brought this other wanderer to the edges of the water. The closer the other got, the more familiar her features became. Jupiter squinted, narrowing her starlight gaze on the other shape with curiosity. She wondered if this was one of the members of Maia’s foundling pack.

“Come join me and wet your paws huh?” she called out and grinned happily.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
The large she-wolf looked imposing, but from the first moment she addressed Wraen, she kind of knew that she had met a kind soul. Therefore, whatever tension she might have felt initially, left her entirely, she smiled brightly at the younger girl and bounded towards the water's edge. Rather than wetting all four paws, she tested the water with just one of them. It was cold, she scrunched her nose, waved her paw to rid it off the water and hopped a little distance away. 

"Not much to my liking now," she explained. "So, what has brought you to this corner of the Earth and what grand adventures do you plan on having in the future?" she asked in a friendly curiousity.
25 Posts
Ooc — Bo
Not long after she had hailed the other figure, the woman approached and tested the chill of the lapping shores with one touch of her foot. The fighter could not help but to allow a sweeping smirk to crinkle her features and draw one half of her lips upward. Pointed canines peered from underneath the dark line of her mouth; her eyes twinkled pleasantly as she got a better look at the willowy figure.

Though Jupiter had never actually met Wraen before, she had heard many things about her older sister. She’d always dreamed of meeting the girl and offering to share stories. Of course, Jupiter had planned to garner a few fights before meeting up with her family members in the wild. Life had a funny way of surprising those who ventured through it.

“I’m on a quest! Setting out on a journey to become the best fighter in all the land,” Jupiter claimed with a quick wag of her tail and a proud puffing of her chest – a movement that swelled her frame and made her appear momentarily larger. “I’ve got family near here actually! My sister Maia says she’s forming a pack with another one of my sisters who I haven’t met yet, her name’s Wraen. Are you settling in near here?”

Ah, fate… you fickle thing.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
The girl was young and full of enthusiasm - Wraen felt a little sentimental, because once she too had set out in the world in high hopes of a grand future waiting her ahead. With years and experience her focus had changed from that far-off point of, where would "happily ever after" begin, to counting every moment in the present time, when life actually happened. Wasn't it somewhat sad that she could no longer say "I want to become best at something in the whole world"? Never would?

"Oh," she hid her surprise well, but after realizing that this was the younger sibling Maia had mentioned running into few days earlier, took a second, more thorough look at her. There was no immediate sense of instant kinship, therefore Wraen elected not to introduce herself right away, wishing to know more about the other and choosing, how to play her cards carefully. "Maybe, I do not yet know for sure," she shrugged and was not lying about it. The Enchanted forest was still in the making, nothing was permanent or established for good.

"Is this your first quest or have you travelled far and wide already?" she asked to keep the conversation going.
25 Posts
Ooc — Bo
This one was more mysterious than the others she had met. Jupiter found herself intrigued by the premise of this wolf’s life path and the type of home she imagined for herself. She did understand that those were topics that were hardly appropriate for a first-time meeting. It seemed rather cool to be a little more aloof, or so it had seemed. Still, the broad-shouldered girl could not help but to smile a broad grin at the sound of the other woman’s response and then her following question.

“I had another quest on my way here. I met a group of travelers with a new mother who had lost one of her pups on their journey. I helped find the little guy and get him back home safe, but not without a little danger,” Jupiter responded, open about the experience that she had before reaching the wilds. She was proud that she had been able to assist that small family. The scar that she had gotten on her neck was something that had been worth the fight that caused it. She wore the small blemish with pride.

“Hopefully, I’ll have even more while I’m in this area! I’m sure there are plenty of packs that could use the help, right?”
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Sure - there are plenty of packs around here," Wraen smiled encouragingly. Naturally, she was drawn to invite Jupiter to hers, but then that would mean shackling a young and ambitious wolf to a cause that she had left behind her to have an adventure. "There's Redhawks East of here - led by Towhee and Niamh - both are tough gals and experienced mercenaries. You may learn a lot from them, if you stop by to visit or help out," she told, thinking about, what other useful tidbits about the valley she could offer to her younger sibling. 

"If you head up North - there is a pack called Moonspear, run by proud and strong mountain wolves - Hydra is their leader, master at politics and war," she said and it came out truthful enough. She may never like the Ostrega matriarch herself, but she could give her pack credit for, what it was. "Firefly glen lies at the foot of it - a collection of younger wolves like yourself - eager to prove their worth to the world. Heading further North - there are two packs that are there to keep Moonspear's ambitions to dominate the world in check - Neverwinter forest led by Mal - a young man, for whom it took a year to build a solid pack from virtually nothing. And Kaistleoki - riverland pack. Peaceful and calm on the outside, but they would never let anyone push them over. 

And then, where the land meets the endless vast plains of water, there's an island, where wolves live, to whom the Moon Dragon itself has given its blessing,"
 she summed up all the packs she had encountered during her recent travels. "That's my extent of knowledge about the people, who you  may encounter. However, this does not mean that the adventure stops there. Hardly - on either side there's a valley, each harbours different packs. Possibilities are virtually endless," she smiled.

They did not talk with each other for much longer after that. In the end Wraen never introduced herself, thinking that she might see this girl again some time soon. Little did she know that the fate had other plans.