this is my book
and i know how to work the spells and charms in it
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
All Welcome 
leaving their prisoner beneath guard, merrick traveled from the mountain to the elegant sprawl of nearby forest. he had asked @Vesta to come with him, and slipped easily into the melodic shadows. "ursus is strong," he commented, "but we might need more bodies for the winter. or easy takings," he added, teeth glinting.
ursus had never been too good for raids.
Firestorm
90 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Vesta strode beside Merrick, attentive as he led her to the woods. 
At his commentary, the bearknight perked her ears and inquired in her silent way.

What will we do? What part do I play?
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
"we will need to recruit, but more than that: i want to know where the saints are."
it was the first time he had said their name aloud for some time.
"we did not end things well," merrick laughed. "their leader cut down my son when he was only a child. he would not give her to us for punishment." he rolled his shoulders. "it is not our way."
Firestorm
90 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Vesta nodded once at his musing, then perked her ears as Merrick said the name of a pack she wasn't sure she had heard of before. 
A cock of her head, and scarlet gaze upon him. 

Do you wish me to find them?
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
"i would like you very much to go into the valley and hills and mountains, and look for them, and bring me one of their children to gut, but this is not — realistic," merrick sighed, and for a moment he sat down where he was, overcome with great feeling.
"but perhaps you come across tell of them by way of investigation." scouting, but at as far a distance as could be managed.
Firestorm
90 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Vesta hmmed quietly, a low hum she couldn't further verbally. 

She looked to him with question. How would she go about bringing back proof of them, if she found these Saints at all?
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
merrick did not pretend to know all of what vesta meant to say. yet he thought and considered. "you are looking for a large man with stripes and a scarred face. his companion is a huge snowy woman with an evil expression. come back and answer yes or no when I ask you if they have been found." it was the only thing he could conceptualize for now.
Firestorm
90 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Vesta listened with earnest, ears perked to catch every word. 
Glancing out at the distant terrain and back to Merrick a few times, she willed him to understand: 

Should I leave now? 
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
"go when it has become dark. wash ursus from your pelt before you begin your search. and travel in the bear's strength and protection."
he felt that she would return;
she felt that she might not. whatever was done, it was for the terror and awe of their god.
Firestorm
90 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Vesta nodded dutifully to Merrick's words, and started to veer off to go find an appropriate place to bathe in. 
A wave of her tail was her farewell to him. 
She would return.