Redsand Canyon In search of you
51 Posts
Ooc — Eoran
Private 
Slate had stayed away from Ursus for some time now. Her body had gone into heat and unlike most other females and males she wasn't the least bit thrilled about it. She wish there was some kind of remedy against it. She had avoided motherhood for years and she wasn't about to wreck that today. However while she began wandering different territories she heard others talk about a new pack with a familiar name at the front line.

She knew it was dangerous for her to wander into unknown territory in heat with a bunch of strangers, but he was no stranger. Not anymore. She slinked ahead toward the new territory, sniffed her way forward and sure enough she recognized the scent. She waited at the gate and soon she was found. A guard.

She hated the way his nose moved in the wind, catching her heat. She had quickly told her connection to their leader and that she wished to see him. The look he gave her, was loathsome. She pinned her ears down, but was told to follow suit. She did as told, keeping a certain distance to the male and soon she was lead toward the inner territory. The guard left her there and she was glad he did so.

"@Germanicus?" She called carefully and began searching. She wanted to see him again, it had nothing to do with her - condition. Rather it was because he had been kind to her, understanding and even a friend. Something she didn't have anywhere else. She trusted him, trusted that he would understand her need to see him and nothing to do with her heat, but rather their - friendship?
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
the smell of a she-wolf was on the air.

her scent blazed through mereo. germanicus felt his control tested, but only for a moment. each year this occurred and each year he had sired no children.

because he did not trust his randy young auxillia, the imperator trotted forward through the canyon. a woman in her season calling for him upon the heels of his very new marriage was not the harbinger he wished.

"slate," germanicus greeted, halting a fair distance away. he did not wish ruenna to believe himself swayed. but the healer glowed now as she had not in akashingo. "it is unsafe for you to be traveling at this time." it was a disservice to her and dangerous besides. he was not sure if he should lead her to a safer place or speak with her here.

with a loud chuff he dismissed any watching soldiers. "why have you come?"
51 Posts
Ooc — Eoran
"slate," Her golden eyes watched as her search quickly came to an end. She wanted to say something, but now she felt stupid for coming. She could see he kept his distance and she knew that this had been a bad idea, so why had she come?

She couldn't even trust her own body could she? "it is unsafe for you to be traveling at this time." She groaned. "I know. I hate it." She rubbed her nose bridge with her front paw, awkwardly she tried to look away and soon noticed soldiers surrounding them, looking. She didn't know he was married now, she had no idea what position she put him in. If he took her somewhere safe people might talk, but if they stayed here, it was not possible to say what other soldiers might think or do.

Why had she come?

"why have you come?"

"To see you." She blurted it out like vomit and she regretted it as soon as it left her mouth. Stupid mouth saying whatever it wanted to. "I mean. I heard of this. The pack. I wanted to see for myself." She tucked her tail between her legs as if it somehow could mask the scent she was radiating.

"You were not happy in Akashingo." and she understood. She wasn't happy in Ursus either, she was frightened and even more so now when her body was betraying her, as it always did. "Can I stay until this.. Passes?" She had no idea what Ursus wolves might do to her in this condition, but considering some of the shit Merrick had pulled, she was too scared to return.
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
germanicus was a controlled man. he knew that he would not break. therefore the effect slate's body had upon his own was annoying, swiftly growing toward a frustration. "i was not happy in akashingo," he confirmed.

slate asked to stay. germanicus cleared his throat. "that is the decision of my wife." she had come for security. he could offer no more than that. "but i do not think that it would be right to send you away." 

the tactician fell back upon his talents. "there is a young woman here who was also from akashingo. i will ask that she stays with you until lady ruenna has been given a chance to decide."

slate would have to find this agreeable. there was not a second option.