Dragoncrest Cliffs revival
318 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
she came home.

and she brought something with her. not a tangible item, nothing something somebody could easily see. although she was physically different as well. thinned and streamlined down to little more than muscles. besides the dropped weight and lack of salt on her fur, there was little that hinted at any kind of trouble.

but there was a small rock growing in her heart. a piece of her hardened even further by leaving the bypass with no results, but it had been deathly silent the last few days and jorunn would not do fool's errands by herself. still there was both a gnawing of guilt and an understanding that this was the right choice.

to come home.

she belonged to none but sapphique, she would not send herself away on quests anymore. that was not the life she desired these days.

softly she would announce her arrival in a small howl. then trudge the rest of the way to the ocean, where she hoped to return herself to the scents of salt water.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,938 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Her feet ached, though the cool saltwater soothed them. Meerkat closed her eyes and tilted her face toward the early spring sunshine as the surf swirled around her ankles. For the nth time in the days since the ceremony, she thought, Hello, I’m Mrs Meerkat Sveijarn-Corten, and smiled.

She thought she heard a sound over the rhythm of the tide. Meerkat dropped her head, opened her eyes and turned to see Jorunn. Jorunn! she called, swiveling carefully to face the other woman. I was wondering when you’d be back. How are you? She wasn’t quite sure what had taken her away in the first place, though Meerkat was very happy to see her.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
318 Posts
Ooc —
not anytime before had she been so relieved to see the face of meerkat. soft and kissed by spring, her sides swollen. jorunn had been away for little, but it felt like she had missed the whole world.

erzulie would no longer be so curved as well, would she?

happy to be home, she admitted softly. presented a tired smile.

tell me what i have missed?

too much, she thought.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,938 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She tried to think of when she’d noticed Jorunn’s absence or heard whispers about what had taken her away from Sapphique. Meerkat felt a little pang of regret for the woman when she realized just how much she’d missed in only a matter of weeks.

Erzulie delivered two healthy babies: Aminthe, a girl, and Quennell, a boy. I’m sure the Obsidian would welcome a visit. Her tail waved, took a breath and added, Njord and I tied the knot. We’re officially mates now. And, well, soon we’ll be welcoming some babies of our own.

But the soon-to-be mother was curious and quickly queried, How did your travels go? I admittedly don’t know much about where you went or why…
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
318 Posts
Ooc —
two children.

so erzulie had indeed given birth in her absence, but such was to be expected. a daughter and a son.

and a wedding had occurred and with it brought new blood as well, blood not of the leading women. she smiled warmly upon meerkat.

jorunn might have showered her in love and well wishes, had the topic not turned to her.

fruitless, the truth of it sagged off of her. there were woman to the south, one lost children to kidnappers — one of the younger women was friends here with mirelle — and i offered to help.

a soft exhale, a roll of her shoulders and an empty look of copper eyes.

i do not know. not everything can be fixed.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,938 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She could see the weight of the question settling on Jorunn before she even answered. Meerkat swallowed and leaned in a little to better catch the woman’s words. She wondered if she knew about these wolves in question, but was afraid to ask. She felt selfish, but Meerkat wanted to enjoy her happy little bubble a bit longer.

That said, she definitely wanted to be there for Jorunn if she needed someone to lean on after that experience. I’m so sorry to hear that… Meerkat’s stomach rolled at the thought of kidnappers. Who would do such a thing? Were they still out there? Without even being aware of it, she lifted one forepaw out of the water and pressed gently against the space where her rib cage ended and her abdomen curved with new life.

She breathed through the fluttering in her belly and then said, I wish I knew what else to say but there are no words. I’m here if you want to talk to someone ab— Meerkat’s words cut off as she inhaled sharply, then exhaled through one of the most peculiar sensations she’d ever felt even as she realized: it must be the puppies moving within her.
318 Posts
Ooc —
it was terribly, wasn't it?

but jorunn let it still her heart, chest heavy with the weight of it. there was nothing to do alone, she had told herself over and over. the sea still needs me, she whispered in the late of the night.

she would be happy to move on from the thoughts of the bypass and the sudden disappearance of those within it.

and meerkat seemed to be caught by something suddenly that would take up the forefront of jorunn's thoughts.

meerkat...? she asked soft and hushed, nearing the woman closer, offering her side if needed.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,938 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Jorunn said her name in a concerned tone and Meerkat just gazed at her, a slow smile creeping across her face as she shook her head. For another moment, she said nothing, concentrating instead on the feeling of her unborn children stirring.

I can feel them, Meerkat said, shooting the other she-wolf an apologetic glance for derailing the conversation. It’s so… strange, she added, then laughed, joy in her eyes.
318 Posts
Ooc —
oh.

oh! she quipped, concern replaced by delight. oh, meerkat! sudden emotion bubbling and welling on behalf of the soon to be mother. almost teary eyed over it! how silly!

can you...feel how many?
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,938 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
The question made her laugh a second time, eyes dancing. No, she said, shaking her head again. She hummed under her breath, bracing her legs to stay steady during a particularly strong wave and saying, It’s kind of like indigestion, though it’s not painful or unpleasant. The physical sensation was still strange, though she enjoyed it for what it meant: her puppies were alive and well, growing strong inside her.

I really didn’t mean to cut off our conversation, though, the Topaz said after giving herself another moment or two to simply savor the sensation. If you need to talk to someone about what happened, I promise I’m here to listen.
318 Posts
Ooc —
she was joyed even further, on behalf of the mother to be. jorunn had never experienced pregnancy, she could not imagine it beyond what she was told. there was some...inkling of a yearning in her heart. although it was quickly shoved aside.

i will be okay, she promised. still bubbling with emotion from meerkat's sudden realization. i like to hear about good things instead. she answered meekly with a soft smile.

have you plans for their arrival? you will be sjømor too, soon.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,938 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Jorunn insisted she would rather focus on good news. Meerkat didn’t need to be told twice. Here was someone who clearly considered her zanmi. She seemed genuinely excited on Meerkat’s behalf and it meant so much to the sandy she-wolf.

Sjømor? she repeated, hoping for a translation. Meerkat smiled and breathed around another series of small kicks as she added, Erzulie will be my midwife. I’m not entirely sure of my due date, but I know it’s some weeks away yet. I’ve thought about finding another, larger den, but I love our little burrow…
318 Posts
Ooc —
sea mother, she informed softly with a warm smile. jorunn had only known erzulie as sea mother, but now it would be a shared title in sapphique. meerkat would bring children to the coast as well. delight!

i am not midwife, she exhaled sheepishly. but i would like to give help, if you need it. your little burrow will grow littler when your children arrive. her eyes shined and crinkled at the corner, a smile on her features.

it felt nice, to look to the future of her home.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,938 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She didn’t feel worthy of such a title, though she accepted it graciously with a grin. Meerkat’s smile continued to grow as Jorunn offered her help, then suggested that the pregnant she-wolf may want to more seriously consider finding a more suitable whelping den.

Would you like to help me look, just in case? For a den, I mean, Meerkat wondered, spinning slowly to face the beach as she prepared to wade back toward shore.
318 Posts
Ooc —
can wrap this up? :D

she was pleased to be asked and invited on such a task. it seemed like such a personal thing, but jorunn could easily look upon meerkat like a sister. it felt right to lend a helping hand.

we shall go look when we both have rested, slowly a coy smile crept onto her features. perhaps you should share news of their movement with your husband, hm?
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,938 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Sure, I’ll fade!

Jorunn politely declined her offer, insisting they both rest first. Meerkat’s sore feet seemed to ache on cue. And Jorunn, she must be exhausted after what she’d been through.

Sounds like a plan to me. And there’s still plenty of time, Meerkat said, so no rush. I’ll catch up with you later, Jorunn. She smiled and nudged the other woman’s cheek before moving off in the direction of the burrow, keen to tell Njord of the news.