Qeya River hawk's eyes
511 Posts
Ooc — siv
Pack Activity 
@Amalia @Lestan @Akkuma @Kivaluk (pending Sadey too possibly but she's not as expected here!)
this is a mandatory meeting to IC inform the group of Kigipigak <3 i am assuming everyone is present but please try to get a response in as well!

Kigipigak had come to her in a flurry unlike himself.

Tulimaq. Tartok.

He was needed elsewhere and her heart shattered to see it — but her husband was a dutiful man. She knew he had his reasons for these things. She knew his heart was in the right place. And how could she judge? When she had wordlessly walked away once? He had come to her, he had spoke his piece.

In the morning sun, she felt horribly cold and it showed outwardly too.

Her gaze near empty and her stance defensive. In the upper woodland she gazed upon Natigvik, the expanse of it. There was a desire to return to Moonglow, but she could not. This was where she had brought life. This was where Kigipigak would return when his time in Tartok had come to a close.

She followed Sikutumi to the lower woodlands.

There she raised her voice for Natigvik.

They would trickle in. She imagined this would be hardest for the boys. Amalia, perhaps. Lestan was freshest and she wondered how this might sway him.

Kigipigak has been pulled away back home. She started with, cold and careful. He will return, but for now we are without him. I ask for everybody to be more diligent in this time. Extra patrols and extra hunts, to fill in the work of him. She did her best to remain steadfast without his presence at her side.

This means that you must also come directly to me, if something is needed.

A moment of silence.

I am grateful for you all.
Brecheliant
Family
-Not all who wander, are lost.-
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia was the first one to find her leader and what she saw of the once vibrant woman curled her heart inward.

She said nothing, though she moved as close as she dare to offer comfort if needed to allow Sahkmet to know she was here were she needed.

She blinked at the words. While it is still nice may we organize a group hunt or will we be hunting with allies?

She titled her head ears to her skull. She wanted to offer condolences of what she was sure her leader must be feeling but it didn't feel like the right place to do so.
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
strangers had come to natigvik, and amalia was even tending one of them! the amaguk looked eagerly around for her as the pack began to gather.
dire news, it seemed. the aspiring hunter frowned vaguely as their issumatar told them of kigipigak's departure. she seemed acceptant enough, but lestan was left surprised. he had many questions.
but he was aware enough to see that sakhmet was not in an answering mood.
"i'll get out today and follow that herd. maybe we can flush them out of the glacier into the valley and hunt them there."
[Image: whRAcOB.gif]
Brecheliant
Family
372 Posts
Ooc — delaney
kivaluk is not the first and though this stings at his pride a little bit, it pales in comparison to his mother's words. at first, he cannot make sense of them because ... they don't make sense. his father was called back to his ...home? but wasn't natigvik his home?

as kivaluk's confusion grows, the furrow in his brow deepens.

and when it sinks into his mind, the puzzle pieces fitting together so that it makes sense to him. kivaluk feels his be speared by ice and then sink; slowly. he cannot help the hurt that flashes across his face, eyes burning hot. were he a human boy, he would've cried silently.

he sucks in a harsh breath, staring at his mother to ground him. i wanna help, mama. he tells her fiercely then, voice raw with his warring emotions. i'll help with everything. anything.
511 Posts
Ooc — siv
if there is no more questions, i will close this in a week!
@Akkuma feel free to still post!

Amalia suggested a group hunt, perhaps with allies. Sakhmet thought this over in pause for a moment as Lestan suggested flushing the herds.

I will think on a group hunt, but for now it is in our favor to keep the herd safe and large. It would be vital in the coming weeks when the temperatures may cool. Even moreso when Moonglow may come.

Kivaluk spoke with a fierceness that she could not miss.

Help Amalia and Lestan wherever you can, Kivaluk. Learn from them. Learn from me.

She offered a soft nod from him towards the other adults present. She feared the thought of him growing as fast she had had to. At least, she hoped, she could keep a home for him through it all.
Brecheliant
Family
-Not all who wander, are lost.-
694 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia gave her leader a firm nod in return. She would teach what she could and they would keep a home as long as they could. There was no lie that the situation was dire, but if they could weather winter she was certain of their success.
534 Posts
Ooc — ebony
lestan too nodded. they would keep the herd safe.
when the pack parted ways, he would go to amalia, with a suggestion that they go at once to the glacier and find the freshest track of the deer.
[Image: whRAcOB.gif]