Sun Mote Copse baby if I got you, I don’t need a parachute
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,981 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She wouldn’t have ordinarily left her week-old offspring for anything, though Meerkat asked @Fennec to keep an eye ear on them while she stepped outside to relieve herself. After emptying her bladder, she padded in circles around The Taigh simply because it felt good to stretch her legs a bit. The fresh air was nice too.

She ducked back inside but before she could settle, a cry cut through the March air. Meerkat sucked in a breath. Surely someone else—@Njord or @Stingray—would hear too and go to Orca. She should stay here, with her needy neonates.

But, I have to go to her. Will you…? Assent came quickly. Thank you, Meerkat breathed, spinning on a heel and moving with haste toward the far corner of the copse.

Orca! she shouted as soon as she clapped eyes on her daughter, who looked taller and slenderer than Meerkat remembered. Oh, Orca, she repeated, closing the distance and unhesitatingly throwing her arms around the girl’s neck, tucking a sobbing breath in her swarthy ruff.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: baby if I got you, I don’t need a parachute - by Meerkat - March 07, 2024, 09:21 AM