Two Eyes Cenote silk
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
633 Posts
Ooc — anon
open! seeking a healer for the scritch!!  

her shoulder blade was scabbed from the times in which her falcon had elected to land there. its talons were sharp, but she did not yelp nor grimace as it found its place upon her. only when it departed on its own time did she seek @Tavina, the reopened wound smarting. it would scar soon enough, and though the falcon was the symbol of her station she could not help but detest the mark! 
it was vanity, and she knew it. she would never deny her creature its place upon her; to do so would be to turn her gaze away from Ra. but there must be some sort of solution...!
Muat-riya
Sesh
656 Posts
Ooc —
Master Medic
Guardian
"willowbark astringent and a poultice of dried goldenrod leaves," groused tavina when she had laid eyes upon the scabbed sore.

she did not mind speaking to the young woman in so familiar a manner, and as she daubed the wound, she said, "have you considered wearing a pad of soft leather upon your shoulder?"
Akashingo
Pharaoh*
immortal longings
633 Posts
Ooc — anon
Toula nods to the Sesh, having thought of willowbark but not of the poultice, which would certainly help! and as to the next creative idea, Toula found her eyes widening. you are quite brilliant, Sesh, she breathed. she herself remained formal, a lifetime of training having caused her to become this way. first she had to be a good princess, then a great queen, and next she learned how to be a delicate and graceful and winsome wife to lure to the kingdom a man worthy of taking their seat upon the Horus Throne—and now, the straight-backed and strong Pharaoh her father had been, and for a short time her sister. 
she wondered if her own reign already was longer than that of Makono. Toula found she could not count the passing days, and sometimes she still looked to the horizon for her silhouette. here, her pyramid remained unfinished. 
I will place such a thing beneath the furs I wear, so that he might always land on her shoulder without issue to her. I thank you, she said with a smile. and then she asked what was on her mind, to the wolf that had helped to raise them both: what happens if Makono returns to us? no longer Pharaoh, no—but would her sister think that way?
Muat-riya
Sesh
656 Posts
Ooc —
Master Medic
Guardian
"i am not the one to ask, pharaoh," tavina answered promptly; she turned to wipe her paws and to find what she wanted among her stacks of fur-cloths and laid-out herbs.

as she rummaged, she cast a light glance toward toula. the girl was changed to woman, truly; there was little of that child beneath the new and polished glint. tavina knew that by now had her young ward been introduced to the dubious ardor of man and woman; look how her smile glowed; look how she walked with the confidence of one who knows she is wanted entire by the one her heart favors.

the sesh was happy for the young ruler, truly, if still watchful over rashepses, and worried for the rigor of pregnancy and childbirth, and even those early days with all the nurses and servants around that could be desired.

makono. it was a credit she did not stop her riffling. "ah, here." a rough shape of dehaired goat-hide, stiffened into a piece that would eventually conform to the royal shoulder beneath her drapings. "i will say that if your sister should return, she should not expect to claim pharaoh. her chance for it disappeared the day you took your father's throne." the purpled eyes were thoughtful. "children fight for thrones. i do not think makono will."

she waited to hear toula's thoughts.