Sun Mote Copse you always feared god-born achilles
Sun Mote Copse
Honoree
the muse of w a r
209 Posts
Ooc — delaney
All Welcome 
jr walks the borders, settling into her normal afternoon routine. the sun was warm upon her back, the air filled with a heavy humidity that hinted at coming rain. each breath felt a little bit like she was slogging thru water; and she takes breaks often. to cool off beneath the shade of the nearest tree, to drink from a puddle.

ghost flies a little bit ahead of her; performing reconnoissance.

she keeps her eyes alert for any movements outside the territory, and a weathered eye on her feathered companion riding the winds for any signal of trouble.

blissfully, this patrol was calm ( though most were, in truth ).

has a juvenile peregrine falcon companion named ghost; can be freely pp'd in threads with her; with the exception of serious injury/death.
-Ptero will look like this in posts-
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,998 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Their recent visitors reminded Meerkat of her diplomatic mission, way past due now. She set aside all her distractions today to find Towhee Jr and head out, never mind the rainy forecast. She idly wondered if the young honoree had seen their mother, though she doubted it. She was getting a little worried now, though that was just one more thing she needed to put on the back burner today.

-Jr, hey!- Meerkat said after locating Ghost overhead and tracking backward to find her sister slogging along the copse’s borders. -I was wondering if you’d like to go and find those neighbors of ours today… if we can even call them that.-

She glanced due south. The lush greenery of the sweep took up every square inch of her visual field, though Meerkat knew that the bypass lay somewhere on its far side. And somewhere beyond that lived the wolves of… well, she didn’t know what they called themselves. If Towhee had ever mentioned it, Meerkat couldn’t remember.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Sun Mote Copse
Honoree
the muse of w a r
209 Posts
Ooc — delaney
meerkat finds jr, whose steps slow when her sister begins to come into her view: though jr suspects it does not take much to find her. she is a creature of predictability in that she can often be found patrolling the borders.

in her peripheral she notes ghost circling back to perch upon a nearby branch, but her attention does not linger upon her falcon companion for long.

-hey meer,- jr signs her greeting in ptero; brief but affectionate all the same.

a soft furrow of jr's brow is given as she reads her sister's ptero. -yeah,- she signs in agreement; though her response was knee-jerk and did not require any sort of thought from her. of course she wanted to go suss out these 'neighbors' ( but it was a tough line to walk between not wanting to come off as too eager considering the nature of it wasn't from a place of good intentions necessarily ).

has a juvenile peregrine falcon companion named ghost; can be freely pp'd in threads with her; with the exception of serious injury/death.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,998 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
I hope it’s alright that I powered them over to La Muerte! Let me know if I need to change anything. :)

Tagging @Reyna and @Nivis for visibility and invitation. *waves*

-Then let’s go,- Meerkat replied succinctly, already turning as she mentally tacked on, and get this over with…

It took a considerable amount of time to cross the neighboring sweep, then step into the basin beyond. Meerkat thought about how their mother refused to set foot here as she passed through the stony gateway. Then she had to focus on fording a small river before they headed into yet more trees.

-I think this is a good place to stop and call,- Meerkat decided somewhere near the far side of the strath. -Once they get here, I can let you do the talking. I’ll translate, of course.-

After waiting for Jr’s assent on all of that, the lady of the copse shook off the metaphorical rust and called out a friendly note to get their neighbors’ attention.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
La Muerte
Matriarca*

vampiress
146 Posts
Ooc — bon
!!!
the matriarch is first to heed the call of the strangers. stringing along a guard, she does not pass her claim to greet the strangers. already, she could tell just by the looks upon their faces and the full of their bellies they were not needy travelers looking for a home. her interest in them, then, is faint.

hello there.. she hums with a smile. welcome to La Muerte. she spends her greeting looking over the pair, searching for signs of hostility. their scent was faint, but it was familiar to the matriarch. from where, though, she could not recall.
what has brought you here today?
[Image: Illustration460.png]
nivis is welcome in all threads
reyna is rated mature
join La Muerte!
La Muerte
Caballero
38 Posts
Ooc — Decay
reyna travels, and the shadow masked man is her ever faithful shadow.

strangers walk upon the lands of la muerte.

he is skeptical, especially after such a recent visit from another neighboring pack.

trailing forward to sit close beside the matriarch, his nostrils flare briefly, dark eyes looming over the strange pair.

"Common" | "Spanish"

(Please note: He is not fluent in english; thus he speaks minimal common and mostly spanish.)
La Muerte
Patriarca*
idle
71 Posts
Ooc — idle
Nivis smelled the strangers and for the first time since a few days ago, he emerges from the darkness of loneliness.

They have been around for a while, and he knows for a fact. Their off-putting and smelly musk distracted him from the drugged up sleep and hushed his legs forward to where it came from. It was as bad as the smell of his own children, if not worse, which at this point he was annoyed with and slowly approached.

He kept a fair distance from Reyna, observing her from the other side. Of course their guard was there too, and so to him particularly he gave a crescent-eyes smile before focusing on the more important. He wasn’t gonna talk, but push them away.

Oh hello there, look who finally showed up here. Welcome to my wife’s and my nearby home. What leads you up here, to the mountains? You have made this entire region stink.

are you lost my little lamb, reyna?
in my heart perhaps? 

nivis is rated mature
reyna is welcome in all threads
Sun Mote Copse
Honoree
the muse of w a r
209 Posts
Ooc — delaney
everything in jr rebels against the idea of being friendly, and this hard, sword sharp edge is only honed as the last male joins them. she does not need to hear his words: she can read lips more than proficiently at this point and her hackles, where ghost has perched, bristle beneath the sharp bite of his talons.

sun mote copse had the longest claim here and she wanted so badly to put them in their place.

but that was not their purpose here.

whatever hesitance and want to shy away from being the one doing the talking has been locked away: allowing for her to elude confidence despite her uncertainty and the fact that her first impression of them has already soured and began to rot.

-i am towhee, of sun mote copse,- she signs in ptero, gaze hard; leveled. there was no adding of 'jr', no specification of rank. they did not need to know that she was not a leader and just in training. idly, jr wonders how much meerkat would actually translate: if she would speak it as jr signed it or if she would smooth over her rough edges.

-since you do not see fit to visit us first as the established pack, we came to you.- no, she does not think her bite is exactly what meerkat or njord were looking for, nor tended to lean towards.

Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,998 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
The first to appear was a pale woman who looked like she’d blown in from the north. Meerkat noticed she clung to the foot of the mountain, so she exchanged a look with Towhee Jr before padding a little nearer to the border. Her eyes never left the stranger, at least until she noticed her giant shadow. He stood close to the woman, a silent guardian.

Her mouth opened to reply to the question when a third figure materialized, another swarthy fellow with a slightly smaller build. Meerkat found it curious that he didn’t flank his comrades but instead chose to move to their other side, as if trying to surround the two visitors. Between that and his sarcastic greeting, Meerkat was immediately on her guard.

Her eyes bored into Jr, wondering what she might want to say to this mismatched trio. As soon as she began signing, Meerkat’s lips parted to begin her translation. She tried not to editorialize too much, though she spoke carefully, her mimicked Ptero similarly careful.

-“This is Towhee and I’m Meerkat. We’re from Sun Mote Copse. We’re here because we wanted to formally introduce ourselves to our new neighbors, although I know you’re not really that new anymore. Sorry we couldn’t make it here sooner,”- she said, though there was a tightness in her eyes.

Meerkat wasn’t really that sorry, though she was nothing if not diplomatic. She actually found she shared the sentiment Jr had conveyed: why hadn’t they taken it upon themselves to pay a visit to the copse? Why hadn’t they done that long ago, before deciding to stake a claim that negatively impacted not one but two established packs?

-“May we have your names and the name of your pack?”- Meerkat decided to ask before meeting Jr’s eye and asking, -“And is there anything you’d like to add, J—Towhee?”-

La Muerte
Matriarca*

vampiress
146 Posts
Ooc — bon
the interlopers dare closer, and her brow twitches. they gesture to one another, and the paler one speaks but the queen could care less for what she spoke, but rather what her hands told the dark brute next to her. tension chokes the air like a fog, but reyna was trained to breathe through it.

preparate. she orders quietly to basilio, and glances towards nivis. would numbers, perhaps, aid them?

aah, the copse. i believe i've already met one of yours. that explained the odd familiarity she saw within the dark woman, but could not pinpoint why it had been until now. this woman was different, though, despite the similarities — this woman had the decency to keep her lips sealed.

you come to the kingdom of La Muerte. i am doña reyna, and he, she nods towards nivis. is don nivis. i accept your apology, needless as it may be. we did not ask for you to visit us, but you are welcome nonetheless. her smile crinkles her eyes, though she too was putting on a facade for the pair.

"prepare yourself."
[Image: Illustration460.png]
nivis is welcome in all threads
reyna is rated mature
join La Muerte!
La Muerte
Caballero
38 Posts
Ooc — Decay
preparate.

tension locking in his muscles, he inches a step closer to reyna; the move is instinct alone.

while his queen continues to converse in kind, the shadow-masked man is not any more convinced than she. 

he remains on alert, eyes never leaving the traveling pair.

"Common" | "Spanish"

(Please note: He is not fluent in english; thus he speaks minimal common and mostly spanish.)