Redhawk Caldera I thought I'd have it worked out and I'd be making plenty
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
With the days getting shorter, he did what he could to cash in on the waning daytime hours and spend his energy so he might sleep better at night. Time served as a soothing agent and his restlessness had almost ceased. Routine served him well, settled him back into the bones and foundation of his family, both old and new. 

He yawned as he finished his patrol of the lake's edge- a menial task that kept him far from the pack'a actual borders but allowed him to keep an eye on the prey that visited to drink- and in the dwindling light saw Fennec resting in her usual spot, calm as a daisy. No doubt her mind would be as busy as a beehive, as per usual, but it was nice to see her, his wife, so tame from time to time. It reassured him that things could be fine. 

A rumbling note purled past his lips as he approached, the way water would spill over the edge of a fountain after a day of rain. Affectionate and quiet, nuanced. A sound only he would utter, a sound he would only utter for her. The dry matter of leaves and dirt crumpled as he slid to the ground near her, the tips of his guard hairs brushing gently against hers.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I thought I'd have it worked out and I'd be making plenty - by RIP Bronco - October 17, 2021, 09:12 PM