Redhawk Caldera I thought I'd have it worked out and I'd be making plenty
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Her spiteful reply wounded him, and made him feel even more ashamed of himself for everything that had happened. Fennec was not easily pleased- but failing to meet her expectations? As simple as breathing. He could hear the disappointment in her voice, when he'd been hoping for a bit of empathy. Maybe, he'd thought, she might assume what had happened...And show some sort of remorse. Or anger, even, toward the ones who had violated him so badly. But 
instead, being incapable of lending his voice to tell that lead-heavy truth was more of a slight than it was a sign that he needed help. 

She resented him, he thought, and as the people-pleaser he was, he wanted to fix it. So he tried again to say it but the words wound his throat into a knot, cutting off his breath until he found himself nearly wheezing. 

He slipped into the child's pose that Towhee had taught him- how fitting the title seemed now, that he was like a little child incapable of explaining his feelings once again. He pressed the ridge of his brow against the ground and tried to just picture it, so that he might get the words out. 

And it was the wrong thing to do. 

Disturbed past the ability to summon words, his body reminded him of the feeling, making him tuck his tail and hunch his scarred shoulders. Images he couldn't get out of his mind, the sound of raucous laughter and grunts and whoops and growls a sick symphony- the sound that woke him up at night. And it was all inside his head. 

Whatever. 

Her dismissal caused something to snap. But for lack of any other way to deal with being so overwhelmed, he gently began to press his temple against the ground in a regular, rhythmic pattern. But with every rocking motion, he bobbed his head against the ground a bit more, until his rocking motions began prompting him to not just tap his head against the ground, but slam it. A low whine escaped him- the strangled sound of a beast kept in a cage too long. Be was only a few breaths away from having a complete panic attack- and somehow, beating his head against the ground seemed to help him keep the snarling, laughing, gruff voices at bay.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I thought I'd have it worked out and I'd be making plenty - by RIP Bronco - October 19, 2021, 04:27 AM