Hushed Willows Love is in the air, I just gotta figure out a window to break out
Pledged
Party City
1,545 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Since this round will be mostly geared toward Reina and Tybault anyway, I decided to post it! Everett is still very much welcome, esp since the next topic involves him <3
Reina was the first to answer her call. Reverie greeted her with a warm smile, though the expression faded as Tybault entered the den. She still loved him, she thought. And he'd been there; through the hours between the loss of her son and the birth of her daughters, he hadn't once left his position outside the den. Even so, she was reminded of that terrible night with Lestan each time she looked at him. Reverie had noticed, too, a strange tension between her brother and Reina, and the thought of a rivalry between the two exhausted her already.

It was a blessing, then, to have other things to focus on in this moment. Hi, She began softly, not feeling much like the leader she was meant to be. Above all else she was tired. The birth of her children had nearly killed her, left her weak in a way she'd never felt before. Sometimes she thought the only thing that had kept her alive was that wordless intuition which had told her that Boone would not return that night. That he would not return ever. Sometimes she thought that if he had been there, she would not be here.

But she was here, and she had to try to keep this pack alive — for her daughters, if nothing else. I need - I need you both to do something for me. For Hearthwood, Reverie wasn't sure how to ask. She hoped they wouldn't hate her for sending them together. Without Boone, I - I don't know how much longer the pack will stay together. I was never meant to be in charge of things, not really - I was only meant to help him with it all. We need - we need alliances with other packs. Stronger packs. It might help, and even if it doesn't, at least we'll all have somewhere to go.

Reina - you're going to Moontide with Kukutux, aren't you? I want Tybault to go with you, so you can both talk to Heph and Rodyn on behalf of Hearthwood, She took in a slow breath and continued. After that, I'd like you both to travel to a pack called Akashingo. Ask for Senmut, and negotiate with him, too. Please. It didn't please her to ask this of them, but she could hardly make the journey herself.

It isn't a short trip, Reverie admitted, gaze searching each of their faces. But I've seen Akashingo's strength, and their leaders know me. And Hearthwood's own position was still strong for now, though she left this part unspoken. They could all see it, their swollen ranks propped up on stilts; a pack half-filled with strangers who might blow away with the wind at any moment. Already Tuft meant to leave. Their time to negotiate was limited.