Swiftcurrent Creek Get you gone now, have some fun
Pledged
Party City
1,545 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Away
Reverie was not unaware of the tension her presence brought to Swiftcurrent Creek even now — or maybe it was only Akavir's tension she sensed. Not unaware, no, only far too weary to react. She'd wanted to be done with it for a long time, but running had never spared her. And while she'd meant to invite peace between them when he'd visited her home, it felt somehow worse than it had before.

He'd been cruel to her, but at least he'd been certain of it. Now he didn't seem to know what to do with her, and the uncertainty reminded her so much of those early days at Swiftcurrent Creek. In some ways she understood it now — because what could she ever say to him? He wouldn't hear her apologies, she was sure of that. Nor did he have any reason to forgive her; there was no redeeming explanation behind the reckless decisions she'd made, nothing he didn't already know. She'd been a foolish yearling, obsessed with her first love, terrorized by a world she didn't yet understand, convinced she could trust no one but herself. She'd been selfish.

And it seemed she was destined to be reminded of it every time she spoke to Akavir, no matter how much she wished otherwise.

Still, Reverie was determined not to give him more reasons to dislike her. She nodded even as he mentioned several unfamiliar names, reminding herself that they were Swiftcurrent Creek wolves. If she trusted Akavir near her newborns, surely she could trust his wolves in her land.

At least four of us... five or six at most, She answered softly, hesitating over the answer as she thought through it. My brother, @Everett, and I will - and we recently took in two yearlings, Carnelian and Peridot. They both have a lot to learn. Our other healer, @Reina, might want to train too - and @Dusty Rose might be interested. I'm not sure about them, though.

Her gaze lingered on Akavir briefly, filled for a moment with all the things she would never say, before flitting to Arric. She nodded. She'd never met Arlette, but the same could be said of most of Swiftcurrent Creek now. I'd like that, Reverie managed a brief, faint smile. I could introduce Arlette to Reina, too.
Messages In This Thread
Get you gone now, have some fun - by Reverie - April 03, 2024, 09:20 AM
RE: Get you gone now, have some fun - by Arric - April 03, 2024, 10:37 AM
RE: Get you gone now, have some fun - by Reverie - April 03, 2024, 12:39 PM
RE: Get you gone now, have some fun - by Akavir - April 03, 2024, 01:46 PM
RE: Get you gone now, have some fun - by Arric - April 04, 2024, 09:09 PM
RE: Get you gone now, have some fun - by Reverie - April 04, 2024, 09:32 PM
RE: Get you gone now, have some fun - by Akavir - April 05, 2024, 12:18 PM
RE: Get you gone now, have some fun - by Arric - April 08, 2024, 10:13 AM
RE: Get you gone now, have some fun - by Reverie - April 09, 2024, 05:06 AM
RE: Get you gone now, have some fun - by Akavir - April 19, 2024, 02:39 PM
RE: Get you gone now, have some fun - by Arric - April 23, 2024, 08:33 AM