Whitefish River Oh, I'm a Maid, and I'm Pure and Fair--I'll Never Dance with a Hairy Bear!
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
@Maia - tagging for visibility and reference

If Wraen had been doubtful and a little afraid of, how she was going to manage life without the support of a pack during the autumn months, then with a few weeks experience under her belt, she could say that it was neither that bad, nor that scary. Maia's company, adventurous and cheerful spirit kept her older sister going and she greeted every new day with a smile and happy curiousity about, what great things would happen today.

Hunting was also an easier task now that they were two. Getting used to each other's movement and hammering out the best strategy was still a task in progress, but an old mountain goat that they had managed to bring down together was a good sign. They were doing things right. And - perhaps - with at least two friendly packs in the vicinity and some other lone wolves she had come across during her travels, they would be able to arrange a larger group hunt, if that was neccessary and there was such an opportunity. 

Wraen and Maia had split up in the evening to seek for the best place to spend the night. And it happened that, while following a trail left by a mustelid, she came to a large cavern. The moon had almost gone entirely in the Earth's shadow, therefore the beauty of the crystals that lined the cavern's walls, was hidden to the she-wolf. And it would have mattered to her little, even if she had seen it, because her mind was working on more practical matters. Right, when she had deemed the place good and safe to stay for the night, a spooky voice echoed in the cave and a white skull rattled not too far from, where she stood. 

"Who is there?" Wraen asked, feeling concerned about cave-dweller she could not yet see and recalling, how Kavik had mentioned encounters with bears in these territories.