Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Private 
@Maia 

Almost two months now on the road and the two Redleaf sisters were still going strong and had not lost enthusiasm for adventures. Sure, with the temperatures dropping it had got harder to find food and there were day or two inbetween meals, but they were together and, when there was no meal on the dinner table, there were tasty stories, to keep the mind occupied. Wraen had had some doubts and reservations about her younger sibling joining her, fearing that the girl was doing it in a spur of emotions, that she had not realized, where she had got herself into, that she would eventually be disappointed in her older sister, but time had flown and this was proven to be all wrong. And Wraen admitted to herself that it would have been a lot harder for her to cope, if it had not been for her sister's cheerful company. 

During their travels that had led them from Sunspire, through Kintla flatlands, to Greatbear wilderness, alongside coast and eventually brought them to the side of the valley, where in a far-off kingdom their brother Terance resided. Due to the weather conditions that were more favourable here than anywhere else, they had remained here from time being. They had spent most of the time together, but sometimes they would have to split up for the day, in order to cover more ground in search for suitable hunting options. And in the evenings they would meet and recap each other of that day's events.

Thus Maia had heard the hilarious story about, how Wraen had got scared by a tiny weasel with an ego of an elephant in Quartz caverns. How later she had found that the ghostly voice had come from under a bear skull. How Nynka had bargained, thinking herself very smart and cunning, without realizing that the wolf she tried to fool was messing with her as well.

She told about meeting the love-struck young man Whiskers by the lake, who had sincerely believed that she and her were a match made in heaven. How he had introduced himself with sticking his nose into her ear, slobbering all over it and declaring that she was the most beautiful girl he had seen in town. And, how he had been ready to follow her home right away and how she had barely managed to get rid of him. There was a bit of guilty conscience her as well, because she had not met him at the same place, same time as she had promised. But he was going to be fine.

She had told about Liri and Kavik, who were her friends from Blacktail deer plateau, who had offered them help and shelter, in case they ever needed it. That they were their allies, even if the two sisters were no longer part of Sunspire. And that maybe, just maybe, if conditions got very harsh and they would have no other options, they could join these wolves for a while to hunt together and bring down big game. 

There was this tall-dark stranger that had spoken about meeting gods and had wondered about stars and their secrets. He had been a mysterious fellow and probably the moon-light and darkness of the night had given him a greater aura of mystery than it would have been, had they met under bright daylight. She told Maia about, how he had claimed to connect with the Night mother and Dread father, and did not recall Osprey ever mentioning them, when she had passed on the lore and mythology to her children.

She told about running into Seabreeze and, how she had come to peace with her and how they had managed to put the past to rest. Their niece and nephew were doing as good as two children from a split up family could do. And that the two sisters were welcome to visit them in their new home. Not too far, from where they had stationed now. A while later she revealed actually running into Ibis and was caught up reminiscing about, what an angel she had been as a baby, and how much she had grown up and changed now.

Wraen mentioned the piebald Drageda girl - another pack by the coast - recapped their conversation on mythology, beliefs, life lessons and funny words in the Common tongue. She also shared the Dragedaslang words she had learned, but was not very convinced that she had repeated them the right way. But, what was important, there was another invitation to a different pack. A possible friendship, a possible alliance in time of need. A place they could explore together at some point and learn more about.

She had laughter in her eyes, when she retold about encountering two different, but hilarious men in Barrow fields. A russet yearling, who had been confused and baffled by her presence and stumbled for words. And yet another dark, tall, stranger - cocky, cheeky, over-confident, somewhat funny, but something about him had made Wraen wary and she advised her sister to be careful as well.

Wraen also had explained, why she wanted to stay on this particular part of the coast. About the fat, awkward, loud and rude sea-lions that frequented these shores and, how she would like to give a try in hunting them down. Knowing that Maia was always a hungrier than herself, if they managed to hunt even one, they would have full-bellies for a week or more. She added information about a pack that lived on an island, which was connected by a sand bridge, when the tide was low. Asked her to watch out for the islanders. The one she had met, had been friendly, but, who knew, what others could be like. 

Her running into Charon's daughter was also no secret and, if Maia did not know this already or had not been informed of the details, why Wraen was Moonspear's public enemy No.2 (No.1 going to that black-masked bitch, who had attacked Charon with her sharing the second place with Blackfeather woods), and why it was not advisable to boast about, who they were, near those packlands. She told about the history between her, the king of the mountain and it's three-headed beast and how it was not safe, because Charon's hounds could be on the prowl. Invisible, inaudible, but still there, watching quietly. 

All this, naturally, was many weeks worth of tales, there being many days inbewteen, where nothing of great importance had happened. Tonight Wraen returned to their shared den in the forest, bringing back a rabbit that she had hunted down in the meadows, and with yet another story to share with her beloved sister. The hunter put her kill on the ground, tipped her head back and called for her.
Messages In This Thread
even after I bet you a million dollars - by Wraen - November 24, 2018, 06:14 PM
RE: even after I bet you a million dollars - by Maia - November 26, 2018, 07:31 PM
RE: even after I bet you a million dollars - by Wraen - November 27, 2018, 07:41 AM
RE: even after I bet you a million dollars - by Maia - December 06, 2018, 02:41 AM
RE: even after I bet you a million dollars - by Wraen - December 08, 2018, 12:03 PM
RE: even after I bet you a million dollars - by Maia - December 11, 2018, 09:41 AM
RE: even after I bet you a million dollars - by Wraen - December 15, 2018, 12:29 PM
RE: even after I bet you a million dollars - by Maia - December 16, 2018, 02:08 PM
RE: even after I bet you a million dollars - by Wraen - December 17, 2018, 04:11 AM
RE: even after I bet you a million dollars - by Maia - December 23, 2018, 11:55 AM
RE: even after I bet you a million dollars - by Wraen - December 23, 2018, 12:39 PM
RE: even after I bet you a million dollars - by Maia - December 23, 2018, 01:13 PM
RE: even after I bet you a million dollars - by Wraen - December 23, 2018, 02:02 PM
RE: even after I bet you a million dollars - by Maia - December 27, 2018, 10:04 PM
RE: even after I bet you a million dollars - by Wraen - December 28, 2018, 11:51 AM