Arrow Lake Will you be my breath through the deep, deep water
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
*shoves this into my timeline*

his heart was both heavy and light. takiyok was close to whelping, and while he wished to grant the woman space, he stayed close as he was able, visiting her often in the past handful of days. and yet he was disturbed by the influx of wolves so close to diaspora's core claim, though their leader seemed a calm sort. what could be done? he doubted that his kill-brother would enjoy their proximity; he himself did not like it. but what good would conflict do now, when soon three of their number would be unable to fight?
unable to sleep, the gargoyle rose and traversed the hollows 'round the lake until he came first to an herbal cache, then to takiyok's den. setting down his things, he paused to call her, but his ears gathered instead the sounds of birth, the winterwhite's laboured breathing.
so stubborn! of course she had not called for help, had set about doing this alone, and in relative silence. mahler supposed he could not chide her, for takiyok had always been a private person; he scratched at her door and entered, drawing the bundle of herbs with him. as his eyes adjusted to the light, the shadowpriest beheld the fierce tightening of her sides, and soon a small dark shape was birthed into the world.
pushing away the smile of pleasure that rose to his lips, mahler cleared his throat, not wanting to be rounded upon by her fierce teeth before he had a chance to truly announce himself. "takiyok," he murmured as the woman swept the whelp to her breast. "lean on me, ja? it is all right that you do not hold all your pain inside," the man added, moving gingerly in the darkness to where his presence might be felt.
[Image: 2711649b07fc604164cb120b1b417fa3cf47bccc_00.gif]
Messages In This Thread
RE: Will you be my breath through the deep, deep water - by Mahler - April 03, 2019, 08:23 AM