Sun Mote Copse you must believe in spring
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
This sounded so wrong and Wraen's mind reeled to make sense of, what Deku was telling her. How could a mother leave her child, no, lose it again so soon after she had gladly reclaimed it? What had gone so wrong in the family to justify the boy being here again, begging for place and protection of her ranks? That should not have been his responsibility. Neither then, nor now. 

"I..." she began and stopped abruptly, having noticed movement in the distance. There among the shadows she discerned a shape of another kid. Roughly the same age as Deku. "Another one," Wraen sighed, looked from one child to the other and did not know, what to do or say for a while. This was the worst possible time to have another set of mouths to feed. Though these kids were not babies anymore and probably knew a trick or two in surviving on their own.

She thought about Elwood, who would not object, and she thought about Niamh, whose own daughter had recently disappeared without a trace, and who would not look up to her kindly for letting two little vagabonds in. Finley - wrapped inside her own grief - probably did not care. And Eljay... to be honest, Wraen had never considered his point of view in decision making, but she felt that he would understand her now. The soft and sensitive soul he was she just could not imagine him turning two children away. If any argument arised, she would have support of these two.

In the end it was all that mattered. At difficult times like these all of them were struggling. It might not be a good decision now, but perhaps it would work out long-term. "Deku, don't worry, you can stay here until we work everything out," she said, then directed her look to the boy in the distance. "Why don't you take a deep breath and tell me calmly detail for detail, what exactly happened? Maybe not all is as bad as it seems, maybe we can find a solution," she locked her gaze with his and smiled at him encouragingly. 

"What happened to your father? Where is your mother and other packmates - from what I was told and understood she was travelling in a group?" 

She spoke to the boy for a while and whatever came of this conversation is unknown at this moment.

Since a lot of plot-important events have happened during the two months, I will archive it. We can either revive this, when you return, or start a new one.
Messages In This Thread
you must believe in spring - by Deku - October 01, 2019, 01:17 PM
RE: you must believe in spring - by Wraen - October 01, 2019, 02:29 PM
RE: you must believe in spring - by Deku - October 01, 2019, 02:55 PM
RE: you must believe in spring - by Orochi - October 01, 2019, 03:05 PM
RE: you must believe in spring - by Wraen - October 03, 2019, 06:03 AM