Moonspear Heat
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Pack Activity 
Backdated thread! Just before any and all heats start. One response REQUIRED BY ALL OF BREEDING AGE before archival. Will be archived 1/25/19, round 2 begins next Tuesday, so please get a post in before then; if you are not on absence and do not post in this thread, there will be IC ramifications! Presence of puppies are not required, but highly encouraged. Not tagging Isi as at this time, she is not here! @Jarilo @Merrit @Dirge @Arcturus @Moriko @Nikai @Alya @Lyra @Katya Noir @Yama @Desdemona @Dacio @Dragomir @Vega @Antares @Osiris @Praimfaya @Atlas Since this is backdated I am just making some assumptions of arrivals in general, but will of course edit as needed if/when no post is there to note this.

Hydra moved toward one of Moonspears finer vistas, throwing her head up and calling to the pack; the winds had shifted, and things were changing. She felt it as surely as she had felt it last year, her ferocity and her temperament rising for it. It was time she make her expectations perfectly clear to all of Moonspear; she would not let there be any question about them, and were there any, now was the time to ask it. 

When her wolves arrived, Hydra surveyed the faces there slowly... and then she spoke. 

This Winter has been a hard one, she drawled, harder than any some of us have ever known. The prey was all but gone with the exception of few large game, though most of it was small, but we have survived it. The children are growing and well-fed for decisions made the year before. This year, breeding is reserved for only mated pairs that have asked my mate and I both for permission, she searched for Alya and Nikai among the crowd, though perhaps new love-birds might come from the season as she and Dirge had. As to that, so long as they asked they were likely to be granted the permission; her gaze drifted along the faces in the crowd again, no longer settled upon them. You must request this of us prior to your breeding so that we can take this into account for the oncoming Spring. If you defy me in this, your children will have no place here. I will not tolerate disobedience of such a degree to put a strain upon us or the children to come. Her eyes flashed. Last year, there was one such incident; were those children to be here, I do not know that all of Moonspears young would have made it this far, nevermind all but one of our adults. We have been fortunate for that much, Hydra drawled. 

Her gaze now was for the women of their pack. Speaking to them, Hydra drawled, I will look out for you. As your Queen, I have the ability to suppress your heat. If you come into your heat before you have a mate, it will be my aim to do so, she advised, ears pressing forward. Do not leave Moonspear while you are in heat; you are a beacon to all wandering men, and could be taken advantage of. You will want it then, but might come to regret it later. Even if you do not, you will have defied me—understand I am so strict in this as I do not wish to face the famine again with more mouths to feed than there are that can feed them. Do not defy me in this, she drawled, or if you do not regret it then, I will ensure that you come to. Hydra had done nothing but support her pack for years; she did not think she was asking much to request that the parties that bred be responsible in it, and make sure the mouths could be fed.

Hydra looked to the men in the crowd now, gaze landing on her mate. The alpha female was ever the ultimate authority in how the season would go, and Hydra drawled, I trust you to watch the men in the pack to ensure they do not breed at their leisure. Men, should you do so, her gaze darted over the faces, and anything is begotten of your trysts, you will take responsibility for it as well. Her tail lashed behind her, and she watched the crowd before her to ensure all understood. 

Am I understood? ...if there are any questions, ask them now, She hummed, ears pricked forward as she listened.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
Heat - by Hydra - January 08, 2020, 10:29 AM
RE: Heat - by Arcturus - January 08, 2020, 03:01 PM
RE: Heat - by RIP Praimfaya - January 08, 2020, 04:04 PM
RE: Heat - by Dirge - January 08, 2020, 10:17 PM
RE: Heat - by Dragomir - January 08, 2020, 10:47 PM
RE: Heat - by Jarilo - January 08, 2020, 11:11 PM
RE: Heat - by Yama - January 09, 2020, 12:51 AM
RE: Heat - by Nikai - January 10, 2020, 04:28 AM
RE: Heat - by Dacio - January 11, 2020, 08:21 AM
RE: Heat - by Liir - January 11, 2020, 08:10 PM