the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
maybe @Saviguk or @Sialuk ?

Hydra, now and then, would stop by the rendezvous to bring them food and idly roughhouse. She would teach them little things, and see what it was they could remember the next time she arrived; Hydra was never sure when memories truly took root, but she still tested them all the same. Things like, pay attention to the wind. Sometimes, you might smell me coming, from here—but if I come from this direction when the wind blows, then you will not; and how to best be quiet when hunting crickets, butterflies, and the like. How to effectively kill a spider, and how to watch the grass to know if there might be a snake near: look at it ripple, like water might. It is an abnormal pattern... either kill it, or find an alternate route. As you cannot yet kill a snake, you must ensure you steer clear of it when there is no one else to kill it. 

She taught the same things to her cubs, @Mira, @Mintaka, @Caelum, and @Altair—but it was still difficult to know when things had truly begun to stick. All the same, Hydra would point out these things when she observed them. 

Today, the matriarch came with a dead coyote she had found sniffing in one of their caches that the waters had opened; after moving the food left to the deeper reaches with the mongrel in tow, she made way toward the den of Kukutux and Jarilo, where she hoped the cubs would presently be. Arriving, she chuffed, dropping the dead thing where she stood as her gaze scanned the site for them.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
when the sun rises in the west - by Hydra - August 26, 2020, 09:54 AM
RE: when the sun rises in the west - by Sialuk - August 26, 2020, 12:50 PM
RE: when the sun rises in the west - by Saviguk - August 26, 2020, 01:27 PM
RE: when the sun rises in the west - by Hydra - September 11, 2020, 12:33 PM
RE: when the sun rises in the west - by Sialuk - September 12, 2020, 11:16 AM
RE: when the sun rises in the west - by Saviguk - September 17, 2020, 08:31 PM