Sleepy Fox Hollow Took this dagger in me and removed it
2 / 3 THREADS
1,022 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Guardian
Limit Two 
Private for @Phaedra if you're available, @Mahler also welcome since they're traveling together in the mountains!

Wylla had been on a Very Grand Adventure since parting from Stag and Mahler.

The former, she had not sought out after the scuffle. She was angry with him, could not reconcile his actions with the wolf she knew him to be. With each passing day she tried to make herself ready to find him and speak with him, and with each passing day she failed, until she lost count of the days since she'd last seen or smelled Stag.

The latter, she had tried to chase from her mind, as unsuccessfully as ever. Whether she admitted it or not, it was the reason she had wandered into the mountains when spring fever left her, and ran afoul of a black bear sow and her twin cubs. Wylla managed to escape with her life, but not unscathed.

It took only a week for the ugliest wound, a deep slash on Wylla's shoulder, to fester, and only another four days for infection to become delirium. Fever swept through her in the nights, while her waking hours grew more and more hazy. She followed familiar trails without realizing it, and when she settled in Sleepy Fox Hollow as though to wait out the sickness—a sickness that would claim her life if she continued like this—she did not recognize her surroundings.

Her home, truly; this had been the last place she felt that way. Nova Peak was a close second at first, but the whole thing had turned sour. Sleepy Fox Hollow had, at least, been mostly positive for her.

It was cool and windy the morning that she woke and recognized her mother standing in the trees. The hallucinations were all part of the delirium. She'd known that at first, but it was getting harder and harder to tell them apart from reality. There was a shadowy figure next to Lusca, one that Wylla focused her bleary vision with a squint. There was no recognition in her fever-glazed eyes, but she had a feeling.

Daddy?
Messages In This Thread
Took this dagger in me and removed it - by Wylla - May 08, 2021, 12:54 AM
RE: Took this dagger in me and removed it - by Wylla - May 11, 2021, 04:06 PM
RE: Took this dagger in me and removed it - by Wylla - May 14, 2021, 11:46 AM
RE: Took this dagger in me and removed it - by Wylla - May 18, 2021, 10:32 PM
RE: Took this dagger in me and removed it - by Wylla - May 29, 2021, 04:58 PM
RE: Took this dagger in me and removed it - by Phaedra - June 12, 2021, 10:55 PM
RE: Took this dagger in me and removed it - by Wylla - June 16, 2021, 10:45 AM
RE: Took this dagger in me and removed it - by Phaedra - June 16, 2021, 11:34 PM
RE: Took this dagger in me and removed it - by Wylla - July 04, 2021, 02:01 PM