Redhawk Caldera What if time doesn't do what it's supposed to do?
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Disappointment hit when she assumed he was only asking about Killdeer. She wasn't wrong- Killdeer was possibly their only shared connection now. Their last conversation had only happened because he'd gone to visit with their son, and Fennec had chosen to reply to him. It'd fed him a bit of hope, even though he wasn't sure he wanted it, or deserved it. The feather he'd left, in her garden...Apparently, that was a step too far. 

But for whatever reason, he felt attacked. It felt like she was going well out of her way to push him back, and he didn't like the way that it felt. Nevertheless, he let her finish speaking, silently biting his lip in order to do so. He exhaled softly, and kept his tone as even as he could when he replied.

"You make it seem like I've been suffocating you when you talk like that. I'll stay away from your garden if that's what you really came to say, but Fennec, you chose to answer me, when I went to visit Killdeer. Your garden? Right next to my pack's borders. I went there to hunt, not to see if you were still hanging around there. I think...You're projecting something on to me, an' I don't like it." She wasn't entirely wrong in coming to re-establish boundaries, but it hurt, and he couldn't just let her throw her feelings down without knowing how it made him feel as well. He could, but he wouldn't. She'd triggered his spite, and he was his mother's son, after all. "Did you come all this way just to tell me to keep...Doing what I'm doing, or did you just come here to make sure I knew you're not OK?'
Messages In This Thread
What if time doesn't do what it's supposed to do? - by Fennec - September 22, 2022, 11:23 AM
RE: What if time doesn't do what it's supposed to do? - by RIP Bronco - September 22, 2022, 05:13 PM