Sun Mote Copse Undo
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Too bad that even as a spectre, not bound to the limitations of a mortal body, could not hear the train of thoughts that went through Bronco's head. She would have listened very patiently and attentively as she always had. And then she would tell him that it was not really possible to alter the course of the history, because if not for one catalyst that would send the dominoes falling, then there would be a different one. And a third one. You cannot escape your fate, they say. Given a chance to live again, you can simply change the smaller details, not the bigger picture that you have been placed in. 

Therefore he would not be able to save Wraen, because it would always be the heart-disease that would finish her life at the age of five. He may be able to save some friends in this lifetime, but the landslides would still happen, the same catastrophe would destroy Moonspear. And they would still perish in a different way. Do not attempt to outrun Death - it will always find you - but enjoy the time you have been given as much as possible and, when the end finally comes, greet the old lass or man as an old friend, treat him with tea and a cake and take off together. 

"Well, you look like a baby now. But, when I last saw you, you were grown up. Maybe 3 or 4 years old?" Wraen racked her memory, but did not put too much effort in it. Because... time loses meaning, when you are dead. "Your father Colt died, when you were still a child," she explained. "In my brief career as a dead person I have found out that family members sort of gravitate towards each other. So... perhaps, try to think of him and he might hear you and come to meet you," she suggested. "It does not mean an immediate success, but trying never hurt anyone." 
Messages In This Thread
Undo - by RIP Bronco - November 01, 2023, 11:46 PM
RE: Undo - by Wraen - November 02, 2023, 03:43 PM
RE: Undo - by RIP Bronco - November 03, 2023, 03:49 AM
RE: Undo - by Wraen - November 03, 2023, 02:23 PM
RE: Undo - by RIP Bronco - November 03, 2023, 02:51 PM
RE: Undo - by Wraen - November 03, 2023, 03:43 PM
RE: Undo - by RIP Bronco - November 03, 2023, 05:00 PM
RE: Undo - by Wraen - November 04, 2023, 07:22 AM
RE: Undo - by RIP Bronco - November 04, 2023, 11:24 AM
RE: Undo - by Wraen - November 04, 2023, 01:26 PM
RE: Undo - by RIP Bronco - November 22, 2023, 01:45 PM