The Sentinels I've never wondered if I was afraid
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Private 
This one is pups/mom only! I wanna get something up for them before they get too big omg! @Sarah @Terance @Wraen

He was absent often, but when he was home, most of his time was spent absorbed in his family.  They grew so fast.  He had heard this from others who were parents themselves, but never was it so apparent as when you were looking at your own.

He was exhausted, long hours scouting for prey and little food taking their toll, but his tail still waved jauntily as he approached their home and ducked down, peering in for sign of little ones.  He gave a gentle chuff... Dad's home!... And settled down to lay almost in the entrance, hoping someone would be around and up to some quality time.
aiming for Warrior, Guardian, and Advisor specializations
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
ooc: two quick posts of Osprey leaving all of the responsibilty to Dante. :D

The kids did grow fast - by the end of their week and a half they had grown to be a little bigger and rounder and their eyes had opened. Whether it was an advantage or disadvantage, Osprey could not really tell, because with gaining a new sense, they had also become a bit harder to manage. So keen to explore that now another chore to her routine was heriding them around and constantly checking up on them, if one or all had not crawled, where they should not be. 

Therefore the tired mother reacted to Dante's call with almost too much of eagerness, getting up to her feet quickly (and probably waking her little four-legged wards with her sudden movement) and going to meet her mate. "Glad you are here," she reached out to give him a peck on the muzzle. "All fed and clean, and almost sleeping," it was then, when Sarah's loud, protesting mewl filled the den. Osprey cringed and suppressed the urge to go right back to them. "Care to watch them for me?" she asked, impatient to go outside and have some time for herself.
435 Posts
Ooc — Me
Out of the tree siblings, only Terance's cries could match with Sarah's loud protests, whenever she was aware that her mother had left her. Though now - few weeks old - she was not as dependant on the milk tank as she had been before, still - everytime Osprey was gone, made her unsettled and somewhat unhappy. Afraid would be the term, had she known that much. 

She could not walk neither too far or long, but still, determined to bring the gone mom back, the girl crawled at snail's-pace towards the adult's gray heels that were still visible in the den.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
Being young and still-whiney, Terance cried along with Sarah for the warmth that was his mother to return. He stared after his sister as she began to squirm towards the leaving Osprey, and decided that he too felt the need to chase her down. He crawled forward, his tiny paws thumping against the ground as he moved towards his mother. He was barely moving forward, but the effort was there regardless.
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
He nodded immediately when she greeted him and asked if he could look after them, peering around her to where already the little ones were protesting her absence.  "Of course."  He could guess she was going stir crazy right now, whereas he was completely ready to take a load off and lay down for a little bit.

He gave an affectionate touch of reassurance for good measure, listening for any last-minute instructions she might give before slipping inside.  "Guess it's us for a while," he murmured, honing in on the one who had made it closest to the front.  Gently he touched her back, then picked her up to carry her the rather short way back.  They were industrious but still surprisingly ineffective little movers.

"Not mom but hopefully alright enough?" he said with a small smile, laying down and eyeing the bundles arrayed in front of him.  He hadn't even been around enough to know if distinct personalities were known, but two were definitely more vocal of the bunch.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
"You'll be fine," Osprey told him, feeling a bit like a hypocrite, because now the Sarah's loud cry was joined by the one of Terance's. Before little Wraen was able to open her mouth too, she left the den and therefore all of the responsibility in her mate's capable paws. 

Though her excited mind was already imagining all of the places she could go, Osprey would not wander too far or be gone for too long.

ooc: feel free to ignore me from now on.
435 Posts
Ooc — Me
It didn't take long, before her loud protest gained reinforcements in the form of her brother. With Terance wailing she felt that she had to do better than him, therefore she put all of her effort to best him. However, her voice was cut short, when someone bigger picked her up and put her back at her starting point. "Oomph," she grunted in disapproval and lifted her head to stare at the shamless bugger, who had dared to interrupt her very important quest.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
I'M HERE -skids into place-

--

Wraen, the ever patient of the trio, had been slow to fully awaken during the presumed betrayal of their Mother as she fled from the den on a desperate mission for some personal time. She opened her maw and a pink tongue unfurled as she yawned and stretched with leisurely nonchalance...it wasn't until Sarah was placed up against her by Dante that she appeared interested in much else. "Mmm?" she hummed curiously as her neck twisted to gain visage of the family bunch from her current position.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
ME TOO FINALLY aughaoijgoishg

The cries emnating from the den made him smile wryly as his mate left with only a simple reassurance.  Hopefully.  The daughter he'd set back stared at him with surprising affront in one so small, obviously miffed he'd thwarted her efforts.  "Sorry pipsqueak, but rules are rules."  They had no names, so whatever moniker happened to pop into his head at the time tended to be applied at random.  Pipsqueak, little one, and more besides.

"Hey, you." He said to his other daughter, who seemed more content to simply watch.  Reaching out gently, he moved to usher both towards him for a hug and a nuzzle, dad-cuddles a requirement.  Then he leaned over to pick up Terance, bringing him into the affection zone as well.  Already, even at this age, they were beginning to show such distinct personalities.  He could hardly wait to see how they grew, but also hated to think of them getting older still than they were right now.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
At the blurry sight of Dante-- who speeks deep words with confidence that Terance has never seen before-- the young babe straightens his squirmy, fluffy body and opens and closes his mouth furiously. The only thing that escapes his tiny jaws are a series of cute, squeaky 'awo's, and are sure to impress nobody but maybe Wrean. His father pulls him close, interrupting his display of mock masculinity. Although the tiny thing wants to protest, he finds the warmth of the large brute far more comfortable than the open, and refrains from crying. Instead, he returns to copying sounds his father makes, leaving the den to be filled with high pitched squeaks and yips that sound nothing like words.
435 Posts
Ooc — Me
Sarah scrutinized her father's face, who did not seem to grasp the level of offence and was busy with cuddling his brother now. She huffed and cast a glance at Wraen - Can you imagine??? She didn't wait for a response and after making her mind known, by baring her toothless gums, she demonstratively turned around and sat down with her back turned to her father. The den wall had never been so interesting as it was suddenly now.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
His daughter ignored his attempts to bring her in and instead sat blatantly away, pouting in true dramatic fashion with a flair that tickled him.  There was so much personality to it.

He gave Terence one more tickle with his nose, blowing a playful breath on the pup's flank, and the slid over by his daughter.  "Little one," he said tilting his head and bringing himself down to level, all the while mindful of the position of the others.  "The wall is fascinating, then?". Seeing if she would turn to him or continue to pout.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
Terance simply continues to make loud puppy noises as his father speaks, still not sounding out any conherent words. In his mind though, he's proud. Neither Sarah or Wraen were making these sounds! He was clearly the best. Sarah was just pouting-- dumb sister. He lets out another loud yip, tumbling towards his father. Pay attention to me!! he seems to whine.
435 Posts
Ooc — Me
Sarah did not know, how to reply to that, therefore she cast a quick side-glare at her father and then shot her glance back at the wall. Terance began yipping for attention and this time - for a change - it did not matter to the toddler, if her brother got it. Her pride was insulted and therefore she lied down and began sniffing at a small pebble nearby, then she pulled it closer to her with the paw to examine it closely. Not that she was too much interested in, rather... she wanted to show that she had way more important stuff to do than to interact with either her parent or siblings.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
ooc: seeing that this is an old thread and Dante has become a PPC, I think it is a good time to wrap it up and archive.

When Osprey returned an hour later, she was pleasantly surprised to find her three buggers and, what looked like a very tired young dad, sleeping soundly in the den. Good job... she thought, touching her mate's forehead lightly and then finding a good spot to settle down too. Maybe she would manage to get a half an hour's rest too.