The Sunspire Another night, another strangers door
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen did not like to be in the position of unjustly accused and, though she kept her calm and stoic face, annoyance at Terance began to gnaw at the edges of it. He was so hell-bent on pushing her into admitting, whatever lies Hydra had spun up. And from a point of getting even with her, she could understand him. She had hurt him on more than one occasion before, the last one being more damaging to their relationship than the rest. This she could live with. However, the fact that because of their past he was more willing to trust the enemy's words than his own packmate's, was very insulting. 

Rannoch, who up until now had been a quiet observer, stepped in for her rescue and Wraen gave him a look full of relief. He was the much needed "adult", when these spats between siblings occurred. "Hydra is prone to twist facts the way she wants to see them," she said calmly and looked at Terance. "Therefore I would not take for granted anything she says, especially if it refers to a stiuation, where she was not present." After a little pause, she decided to add one last thing on this matter: "She wants to see enemies, where there are none, and therefore you would have heard the same thing from Hydra, even if I had met Charon at our doorstep."

Then, without letting Terance to interject and say something, she turned to look at Rannoch, suddenly feeling sorry for all the times she had caused him troubles, and wanting very badly to present the things in a good way. "While we as Moonspear wolves hunted there and in the surrounding territories occasionally, they are no-man's land as far as any wolf is concerned. Glen is a very big territory, there are no set borders of, where it begins or ends, therefore I don't see, how I have trespassed any more than any other wolf or scout that did not belong to the Moonspear ranks would have," she paused, carefully weighing out her next words. "But I see that you along with Hydra see it differently and I accept that."

"I did not happen to be there to cause trouble - herds don't stay in one place permanently, they move, and my reasons to going so far and so long is to have enough options for our pack, if we run low on food," she went on. "I have expressed it before and I have not changed my mind now - I am not happy with having so many mouths to feed in the months to come. But at the same time I do not want to see any one of them starve or succumb to illness, because I failed to provide," feeling that this was going a bit off-topic, but there was one last thing to say to Terance. For the fear of not having such chance later: "Terance, I have been harsh and unjust to you in this matter - and I am sorry for that - but I have stood to my resolution - there is cache near, where Olive and Seabreeze live, and I take care that it is never empty. I may not have acted as your friend on... many occasions, but never think that because of this I am not loyal to you and that I would not take care and protect those little souls as if they were my own."

"My and Charon's argument was not about territorial grounds or claims or anything like that. It was more like an exchange of personal insults," Wraen explained. "Perhaps he has more reasons to hate me, because my mom was such a good friend of his. Maybe... maybe our leaving felt like she had betrayed him herself," this thought occurred to her now. "My mistake was that I stayed that long to even talk to him. Maybe part of me hoped that he had got over it, when I should have known better. All I can say is, that I am very sorry and I won't go scouting near their territories again."
Messages In This Thread
Another night, another strangers door - by Wraen - May 12, 2018, 09:07 AM
RE: Another night, another strangers door - by Wraen - May 13, 2018, 01:29 PM
RE: Another night, another strangers door - by Wraen - May 23, 2018, 01:44 PM
RE: Another night, another strangers door - by Wraen - May 24, 2018, 02:49 PM
RE: Another night, another strangers door - by Wraen - June 10, 2018, 08:43 AM
RE: Another night, another strangers door - by Terance - June 13, 2018, 03:05 AM
RE: Another night, another strangers door - by Wraen - June 26, 2018, 01:59 PM