Dritte
89 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Limit Two 
forwarded to 11.6.2020
@Mahler

[Image: dbwcgfv-5fa8b263-d6c0-4ec1-82db-725dc3ab...nrISUQRb4o]

She remembered the Eisen, who said to seek him out when she desired a few tales. He wasn't the oldest man that Asra had met, but the scars upon his front, and the steady tone he carried, he seemed like someone with a past of burden. She could only emphasize, but wondered what kind of tales he would share to the nightmare wolf.

Tonight, did she seek him out for those very tales.

Isn't it lovely,
all alone
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
sagtannet which had long seemed so silent now bore the scents of two new wolves. the man taikon and the woman asra. it was the latter who discovered mahler upon a small stone shelf that curved out from the mountain, cut off from the deeper part of the forest by a copse of loose-needled red spruce.
the man shifted from his star-gazing, idle and purposeless. "how does the night find you?" he asked of the snow-blazed woman, girl to his age, but he would not call asra such.
[Image: 2711649b07fc604164cb120b1b417fa3cf47bccc_00.gif]
Dritte
89 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"As it does every night, it beams brightly with the lores it carries." Her blue eyes took a gander to the sky above, as the constellations shined brightly to the two, and their very essence sharing to why they may form above. While stars may not be a speciality to the nightmare wolf, she knew a variety of stories that intertwined with them, "how about yourself?"

"though I was wondering if I could take upon your request of asking for your own tales." She moved closer Mahler, but still was quite a far back, standing away. She wouldn't sit by him so until granted as such, as as Asra would find it rude otherwise.

Isn't it lovely,
all alone
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
"i have been vorse." and that was the end of it. he tipped his own muzzle back heavenward. the lore it carried. her remark, and soon thereafter a question to explain it. the man grunted amusedly. "i forgot to tell you that my stories are very boring."
a pause. "vonce upon a time i knew a vitch, however. her name vas caiaphas." settling into the memory of it. "she vas my leader on the coastline, many years ago. and she is the only soul i have ever feared. that is how i knew she vas unholy."
Dritte
89 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"Oh, but that is not boring, no? You share so much, yet so little." Immedietly on the use of foul language she could tell that the woman held something of a deep memory for Mahler, but he gave so little besides being but a leader, and brought fear to him, that even she, found it hard to believe. Though all wolves had a fear in something, Asra supposed.

"Why did you fear her?" That enough, was something to be questioned. Upon accepting her request as well, she no longer lingered in the back, but rather joined him on his stone haven. She sat upright, peering back to the sky, and back toward the Eisen upon his story.

Isn't it lovely,
all alone
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
"something about her. i am not sure how to describe it," he said softly, lost in the reverie of a thousand months ago, it felt. "vhen she looked at me, it felt as though she looked beyond my eyes. if that is understandable," mahler murmured. "and the vay she spoke," a shiver chasing its way over the peak of his broad shoulders. "the sound of her howl vas like nothing i had heard before."
a breath, a sigh, an airy chuckle of self-deprecation. "have you ever met somevone like that?"
Dritte
89 Posts
Ooc —
Away
The frost-woven wolf shook her head. She knew not what the dread of fear from another would be, and could only imagine how the Eisen felt to the terror he described. It wasn't something that she did, but how the woman presented herself, and that itself, was a scary afterthought Asra. She hoped there wouldn't be a day, she would look over her shoulder in wonder if the one was haunting her.

"Does she still live?" once his leader- but now he was. What had happened, to the nightmare?

Isn't it lovely,
all alone
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
mahler sighed, a plume of warm breath cooling whitely against the cold air. "i do not know. she vas old vhen i knew her, and vould be quite aged now. but — if anyvone could be that determined to live, it vould be her." a silence, mind threatening to sweep back in a farther degree.
"listen; i prattle on. it is your turn, asra," the gargoyle invited with a smile. if she so chose, of course; he would have liked to know more about the pale-splashed woman and to what end life had granted her such a visage.
Dritte
89 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"One must wonder how she was in her youth." If such a terror was brought to the Eisen, and they were but an older wolf, she would wonder how the same wolf was but in her youth. Was she a kind woman, only to become a bitter hag near the end, or all but a plan for her eventful rule and demise.

But the woman with the answers, was dead.

"I'm afraid I don't share many life stories, would you care for a fable instead?" Asra could only chuckle as a truth was to be stated. Sadly for the court-born wolf, she was still young enough to experience so much more, but so little at the moment. All there was a bitter and heartbroken past-

but she was not ready to tell such a tale.

Isn't it lovely,
all alone
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
"whoever she vas then, she vas not that vhen i knew her." mahler scarce had time to introspect upon the nature of another's past life. he hardly dared to meander into his own memories, too full of painful pitfalls they were. starlight chasing itself across the lilac reflection of his eyes.
"i vould indeed," mahler grunted softly. fables could provide a greater joy whereas old recollections could not. and the night was too beautiful to sully with the inordinate shift of pain inside his head each time he reflected.
Dritte
89 Posts
Ooc —
Away
She dare not ask more, finding the previous conversation now but fallen. Instead, Asra now went through memories to share of fables through her life, "there was once a grand feast between all the animals. a dragon, a rat, a pig, a rooster, a dog, a ox, a tiger, a rabbit, a snake, a horse, a goat, a monkey, and finally, a cat." some were not real, however, or not heard of. She knew not of a dragon, but knew that a tiger was but a striped mountain lion deep into a land, that frost-born woman did not know.

"God invited them, but the rat was tricky. He told the cat that it was not tomorrow, but the next day. So all the animals, but the cat, enjoyed banquet with God, and he claimed them all to be his cherished friends... All, except for the one." 

"so he spent the day, dreaming of the banquet that would never come." 

Her head stared but at the stars as she shared the lore, though it wasn't the lightest of them all. For the story shared but the sneaky rat, and perhaps the start on why the term was to be scorned by others. However, it was one of her favorite stories that she remembered, for Asra held pity toward the cat, and as a child, she mourned they had skipped the feast.

She wondered, if it all happened again, would the result be the same?

Isn't it lovely,
all alone
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
mahler did not know what a dragon was, but listened all the same. a pensive look crossing his brow; he gazed out toward the distant teeth of the faraway mountains and considered carefully.
"perhaps the god should be ashamed of himself for not knowing that the cat vas not there. he is god after all. can he be outsmarted by a rat?" a somber tone that did not match the glint of amusement in his gaze.
growing aware that he was beginning to enjoy the attentive company of astra, and knowing it was a betrayal, choosing to hear the proper voice of guilt, warranted or not, mahler stood to his paws.
"this vas a pleasant time. i must finish my tasks." and if she did not pause him, the gargoyle would dip his broad muzzle, turn, and depart the way that he had come.
Dritte
89 Posts
Ooc —
Away
She too remembered thinking how could the God, who claimed all were his friend, believe that the cat did not come, "perhaps he thought the cat abandoned him." Though one is supposed to be an omni-being, and even in the end, the poor cat was not able to make it. For eons now, did the story pass, and the cat, will always be daydreaming.

"It was a pleasure, i'll surely come for more." And with so, she smiled as the man set off, but Asra sat at the place a little longer, a gaze toward the night as she mused silently more to what the days would come. The stars, were also very pretty.

Isn't it lovely,
all alone