The Tangle welcome to the panic room
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
@Rosalyn <3 other tag for ref
His reunion with @Midar had gone unexpectedly well, and he finds himself oddly unsettled by his need to adjust to the constant companionship. It feels like it should come naturally, but it doesn't; he's gotten used to being alone. So naturally, he takes time for himself here and there, typically finding some nonchalant excuse; a hunt, exploration, searching for an herb that might be found nearby. He forgets them by the time Midar is out of sight.
Today his feet take him somewhere familiar, a winding hellhole he vaguely remembers from his days as a leader. He recalls a woman in heat here, perhaps others; time has blurred all encounters into one. His memories here are not entirely pleasant, but the blur brings with it a certain detachment. He simply can't bring himself to care as much as he did before — and the apathy feels more like freedom than anything else ever has. He likes that. So he continues to wander, losing himself in the spiky labyrinth that smells vaguely of the sea, wondering what the future might hold for himself and his husband.
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Going to say this takes place pre-sag stuff

Settling wasn't only marking, but also exploring the surroundings some.  She did not go far into the lands around, but she went a ways, and today she chose the stones to the east of the cliffs.

She was on the lookout for prey but forgot that momentarily as the eeriness of this place settled over her. She'd always somewhat enjoyed it, though she also only dimly remembered any visits.

It took her a while to realize she wasn't alone.  She heard him before she saw him, on her blind side, and she turned fully before asking Who's there?

WC: 98
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
The approach of a woman as scarred as himself cuts through his thoughts, and he watches her from a distance until she notices him and turns, calling out. With a full view of her face, he suddenly recognizes her, and he can't help the amused smile that tugs at his features. I remember you. Sort of, He answers, though he doesn't leave her long to ponder the statement. From Rusalka — we match. A short laugh punctuates the statement as he turns his own blind eye briefly toward her, emphasizing his point. Then he proceeds to introductions, because while it'd be hard to forget a face so closely mirroring his own in scarring, he sure as hell doesn't remember her name. I'm Alarian.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Mmmm.  Over the course of the last year or so, Rosalyn had found it harder to hold onto faces who were no longer fixtures.  There'd been so much change and so many strangers that they seemed to pass through like a sieve... in one moment, gone the next.  She dimly recalled meeting a few who she could claim kinship in scars to, but she would not have pegged this man to be one on sight.

Is that so?  There was a time she had hated the way the scars made her look, and when she'd sought to draw attention from them.  Now she was past caring and her full face was on display as she watched him.  Rosalyn.  

She looked past him, just to ensure he was alone, before she continued.  What brings you near the cliffs?  Did we leave that strong an impression?  She smirked, though she knew he was not there to seek them out.  Honestly she should probably hope that; Rusalka's 'impressions' tended to bite them more often than not.

WC: 173
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
would it be ok if we prioritize this? i wanna get ali in on the Juicy Pack Drama asap :eyes:
He likes Rosalyn, he decides, based on the few seconds of interaction they've had; it's a quick assumption, but there's something about her that seems to present itself immediately. Confidence, yes, but something else too. For now he doesn't think too far into it. Just a trip down memory lane, He answers, though her words spark curiosity. Does Rusalka reside at the cliffs now? Last I was here, a different pack ruled, and Rusalka was in the Sound below. He glances toward the coastline briefly as he finishes, then back to Rosalyn. He can't help wondering about ridiculous things like whether the two packs switched places or names — it's less depressing to think about than the likely reality of the situation. Death, destruction, abandonment. It's always some shit like that.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
OH IS THIS A JOINING!?  Yes, I can deffo try n prioritize <3

She smiled, and there was a touch of wicked pleasure in the expression.  Despite her worries about the move and the history that was less than pleasant, the fact that they stood where Drageda had fallen still gave her a sick and simple sort of joy.

There was.  They've since disappeared, and we've taken the cliffs to ensure they remain gone.  She did not think this man had been aligned with the cliff wolves, and if he had, there was nothing that could be done now.  The claim was made.

WC: 90
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
yesssss im hoping so!! ty <3
Ah, abandonment this time. Still, it seems the situation is a positive for Rusalka. Smart, He comments, glancing toward the cliffs again. Do you lead Rusalka now? An assumption, but it seems like a natural one to him; her confidence, and the way she speaks of the pack and decision as if they are at least partially her own, make him think she has more of a role than the average member. Leftover projection from his own time as a leader, perhaps — or maybe he's right.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
My wife and I do, she answered, considering him a moment.  He was respectful enough, but since they'd taken over, it seems the only souls they'd come across had been men;  nice enough, hard to place any real trust in.  She'd been colored by a history of seemingly wasted chances, but Rusalka was also small.  She could afford to be picky; she could not afford to be biased.

Do you run with a crew nearby? she asked, thinking of the pack Dantalion had spoken of.  She hadn't given it a name, but she assumed they would know of them in a matter of time.

WC: 104
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Her wife; the word piques his interest, and his expression warms visibly. It isn't often he meets wolves like himself; the knowledge inspires an immediate sense of kinship, though he's well aware it may not be shared. Such relationships are not hated in all parts of the world, after all. No — I'm traveling with my husband, in search of a suitable home. A place to settle down — maybe I'm just getting old, but I'm ready for a peaceful life, A slightly wry smile accompanies his words, though there's nothing sarcastic about his tone; only a tinge of weariness. In one place. Maybe kids eventually. A quiet death sometime in the future. I don't remember Rusalka being that sort of place — but based on first impressions, it seems like it may be different under you and your wife. There's a question lurking under the statement, but he leaves it open-ended for now — an opportunity for a denial slightly softer than outright, or to delve further into the possibility.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
She considered it.  He and his husband; from her experience, the type of men willing to embrace that kind of love held little in common with the type she despised.  If he was being honest about his goals, then they aligned perfectly with the many conversations she and Erzulie had already shared.  

Just a quiet place to live and die in peace.

It is.  She said, unsurprised that he'd heard of their reputation thus far.  It tempted her to change it, if only to fade to obscurity faster.  We aren't looking for trouble, but it does tend to find us.  If you can deal with that risk, and speak for your husband, I see no reason to deny you a place.  She smiled with a fair amount of warmth, though she would withhold her true judgement until he'd passed some time with their number.  The new sometimes tended to come and go.

WC: 152
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
sorry for the delay! my muse for my secondaries dipped for a bit
She doesn't seem to hate the idea, and her words confirm it — as well as revealing the imperfections that still plague Rusalka. He'd expected it, though, and he offers a nod at the mention. That's always the case, in my experience, He starts when the alpha finishes, remembering his own experiences with Bracken Sanctuary, and the packs that had followed. There's always someone out there looking for trouble, regardless of our own intentions. I can't imagine asking for more than what you have to give, in that regard — and I can promise my own loyalty and skills, and my husband's. I'm a medic; I've been in a few fights, too, but my husband is more skilled at that. I can act as a scout, too, if necessary. A slight pause, accompanied by the briefest glance south. I'll have to talk to him, but we're already on the same page about this.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Rosalyn nodded.  Another medic would come in handy, perhaps, though she could hope they had little use for his skill.  Solaire was learning, perhaps he could help to teach her more of what he knew.

I'd like to meet him, when he comes.  He was allowed a conditional membership, based on his relationship with Alarian, but unlike this man she did not have a face or demeanor to trust.  Their children were near old enough to be considered adults, but that did not mean Rosalyn trusted just anyone among their ranks.  Their safety was on her mind in every encounter and accepting a complete stranger idiocy.

We can speak more then.  For now, I'll let you return to him so that you can talk.  She smiled, albeit a bit distractedly.  Her mind was already drifting back to their troubles.  That was a better conversation for the both of them, though.  A final consideration before they truly signed on with the crew of the cliffs.

WC: 164