Broken Antler Fen She hangs her head and cries on my shirt
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
She'd apologized sooner than he'd expected, and he had hoped to be able to apologize first, as he did feel as though he'd been inconsiderate. He'd expected too much of her and then had acted like a child with its favourite toy taken away when she'd refused to indulge him. He was a sensitive lad, and had punished himself a great deal for having been so immature- and so, when Wraen began to lecture him, he was easily overwhelmed. 

He didn't say anything, but dropped his gaze and stared away. He could hear the hurt in her voice, and it wounded him to know he was the cause of her pain- but he did not appreciate how much she was unloading on him in that moment, criticizing him over and over for having been inconsiderate once, and for failing to notice things he couldn't possibly have known. She had looked tired- and so he'd settled beside her to give her comfort and warmth, and when he'd shared a glimpse of his heartache with her, she'd mocked him. He felt it was not fair for her to assume that he would pick up on every nuance of hers; not when she shared so little with him in the past.

He'd made a mistake- and he had already admitted that much; but in order to correct someone as gentle as Bronco all that was needed was a nudge. But this felt like a shove and he felt unsettled and insecure. It served to humiliate and belittle him, and distanced him from even wanting to apologize to Wraen. 

Shen then painted a picture of him as being needy and selfish, and that made his cheeks flush with frustration. That couldn't be the case... He thought. Wraen had openly welcomed their conversations, and she had always seemed to enjoy giving him advice. Giving advice and lectures and counsel was something that Wraen excelled at- but now, she was using it in a way that quickly made things very toxic between the two of them. He was completely out of his ballpark now, and had no idea what he could say to fix things. He was also fuming and knew that he had better take some time for himself, or he might let his temper boil over and spill out. Wraen didn't deserve that, at least. 

"Well that leaves both of us disappointed; and I'm out of time." He shifted his paws, indicating that he did not intend to stick around much longer. "If I recall, Wraen, you asked for warmth- so I provided that. You wanted a pillow, so I lay at your feet. You then asked me why I was upset- and without even hearing me out, you belittled me and made fun of my heartache." He said. "I am sorry you went through what you were going through, and maybe I didn't pick up on signals I prolly should have seen- but maybe if you hadn't belitted my feelings so quickly, maybe I would've stuck around to hear about yours." He said. He shook his head, and turned to depart, though he would speak a few more words over his shoulder. "Goodbye, Wraen."
Messages In This Thread
She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by RIP Bronco - December 22, 2020, 09:26 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Maia - December 22, 2020, 09:43 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by RIP Bronco - December 22, 2020, 11:25 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Maia - December 22, 2020, 11:51 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Wraen - December 26, 2020, 04:14 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by RIP Bronco - December 30, 2020, 03:57 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Maia - December 31, 2020, 12:42 AM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Wraen - January 01, 2021, 04:00 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Maia - January 03, 2021, 10:57 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Wraen - January 10, 2021, 11:07 AM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Maia - January 10, 2021, 03:48 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Wraen - January 10, 2021, 04:23 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Wraen - January 12, 2021, 10:21 AM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Wraen - January 13, 2021, 04:16 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by RIP Bronco - January 13, 2021, 06:20 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Wraen - January 14, 2021, 05:35 PM
RE: She hangs her head and cries on my shirt - by Wraen - January 19, 2021, 04:17 PM