1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Limit Two 
@Arlette :> 
Forwarded to the 31st! 

The Harbinger had gotten home in the late afternoon, having gone to the Coast to see what was to be found there. 
So far nothing, save for the firebranded male she met on the Plains briefly. 
Thirsty, Nyra padded slowly to the river that ran through the area and lapped at the chilled water, only lifting her head once satisfied. 
Perhaps some company would be nearby to bond with?
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,084 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Yay!

Arlette had been keeping herself busy trying to prove her worth to the Saints. While she wasn't an avid hunter or warrior. She hoped to gain their approval by showing that she was medically inclined enough that she could be worth something to the pack. Not only with medicine but also by being one to talk to or give advice when needed.

When Arlette spotted Nyra she made a beeline to the one she hadn't seen since she joined. She had met her on the borders of the Canyon, but after that only smelled the female's presence. "Nyra! Hi!" Arlette greeted. She wasn't sure if the female knew she joined the Saints, probably.
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
"Arlette?" Nyra responded in surprise, tail wagging some as the scarred palefur approached. Meeting the female with a warm yet brief shoulder embrace, the Harbinger receded a few steps after a moment.
"I wasn't aware you had joined us! I've been so busy lately." Nyra chuckled some, her usually coldly burning gaze a welcoming hearth flame. 
Perhaps she liked Arlette, despite only meeting her once before.
Fuck it, she saw Arlette in the light of a sister and would kill, or help kill - anyone who wished her harm. 
"How are you? Have you settled in alright?" 
Health (100/100)
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,084 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
so cute!

Arlette smiled and lifted her chin a bit. "Yes!" She perhaps looked different since she wasn't a timid ball of misery anymore. Derg and all of the Saints being so kind to her had really helped. She really felt welcome here, like a family. The female quirked up her lips. "Yes! I don't know why I didn't join you right away but I am here now." She leaned into the embrace. Nyra had been kind before but this warm welcome did her really well.

"I'm better. Much better. I did. Kynareth even said to call him his friend. So that is good. Derg has been teaching me how to defend myself, apparently, I will need it?," she questioned a bit. "I've also been continuing on Dove's medical stash so keep it supplied for if any of you get injured I will be there." She really had made a home of herself here, hadn't she? She smiled proudly. "How have you been?"
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
the cutest!! 

"I've been alright, though busy. Comes with the status I suppose." Nyra responded with a lighter smile, waving her tail. 
"Since the last time we've seen each other, I've become the Harbinger of our pack. The highest ranking wolf aside from our Grandmaster Kynareth, and Derg, the Overseer. Though Derg is right, it's a good idea you at least know how to defend yourself. Being a warrior isn't required though." The she-giant assured, looking eastward toward Rising Sun Valley, and thinking about what Ursus might be up to...
Health (100/100)
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,084 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette raised her brows. She didn't know Nyra had a different status since she met het. Luckily the female explained her rank. "Oh. So I should treat you with more respect then?," she asked. "I don't know how ranks work," she admitted. "With the pack I was born we just had my mom leading it and all the other members were family. The only difference was between newcomer and family," she spoke. "So let me know if I am not doing it right..." Arlette was rather submissive by nature, so she would probably not do anything wrong.

"I keep wondering why," she admitted. "But I guess it is needed in these times. My family was never in trouble with other wolves until Ursus started to attack them viciously," she swallowed. And she left her mother and her family while they still had trouble with them. Then again, she kind of deserved the bad karma.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
"Ranks differ from pack to pack, it seems." Nyra shrugged, "As for how to treat me, the way you have been will do just fine. Yeah, I have the authority to give orders, but that doesn't mean most of anyone's behavior needs to change." She smiled, listening as her fellow palefur explained their situation with Ursus. 
"Truth be told the Saints also have a problem with Ursus. That's part of why we relocated, I think. But we're preparing to do something about it." She ment going to war, naturally. Thinking further, the Harbinger could only think of one other pack she had briefly been part of that was the way Arlette said they were...but was Nyra right? 
"Which pack was yours before us?" She inquired with curiosity. 

If she's previously from Easthollow, maybe I could suggest an alliance with them to Kynareth...if he agrees to try, perhaps I could lead a party to suggest the idea to Valette and Greyback. I haven't seen them in a long time, too...not since I learned about Nanook...
Health (100/100)
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,084 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette was visibly relieved when she heard to treat Nyra the same. She smiled, because she didn't want to behave differently around her because she was a different rank. This felt natural to her. To see her as a friend, perhaps one day even more than just a friend and she would become her new family. "That is good to know," she smiled.

She raised her brows. "Really?," she asked but then it rather made sense. "Derg was injured by them when he went back for me, right?" she realized and blushed. Arlette's ears feel back, and perhaps that was the first time there was real annoyance on her face. "Easthollow," she returned shortly.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nodding to the female's relief, the Harbinger tilted her head ever slightly at the mention of Derg. "I believe so." Nyra responded to Arlette's question. 
Easthollow? So she was right. 
"I was there, briefly, last year. Someone was exiled before I left. Don't remember her name. But, do you think your parents would be open to an alliance? To bring down Ursus." 
The statement and inquiry wasn't eager, just idle and considerate.
Health (100/100)
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,084 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette perked up her ears. "You were? When?," she asked, surprised but also confused because she couldn't remember ever seeing Nyra before. Especially not in Easthollow. Arlette raised her brows. "Vespera was exiled," she commented with a nod. She remembered that vividly. Especially since that moment had scared Kaito away from her.

Arlette shrugged. "I don't know. My parents are very traditional but they do have a several alliances with other packs.' She licked her lips. "I don't want my mother to know I am here," she admitted then. "I am not planning on going home, ever." Arlette looked at Nyra with her ears folded back against her scalp.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Listening to Arlette and all her words, Nyra watched the palefur and how worried she seemed to be, eventually concluding with a nod that she would respect her friend and her wish to remain undiscovered by her mom. Who...Nyra could assume was Valette? 
"I won't tell her you're here." 
An indirect agreement not to bring up the suggested alliance to Kynareth or Derg.
Health (100/100)
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,084 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette perked up her ears. "I'm thankful," she commented to the pale female. She tentatively wagged her tail. "As long as the alliance keeps the distance between us I am fine with it, really. And I probably won't go to Ursus to fight. Perhaps to stay in the mountains and be ready to tend to wounds if needed," she offered. She wasn't much of a fighter, that was clear. So she would help in the way she could; heal. Though, she hoped that it wouldn't come to it. She didn't like to see anyone injured, especially not her friends. "Do you think the pack will have pups this season?" she asked, changing the topic.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nodding at Arlette's words about the alliance, Nyra made a mental note to bring up these points to Kynareth once she spoke to him. See if it was possible. 
As the subject changed, the Harbinger considered it for a minute... 
"Maybe? I don't really know, to be honest...I haven't been keeping up on who wants to mate for offspring." She answered, furrowing a brow some as she tried to think back. 
....Yeah, no, nobody came to mind. Not that she could speak of at least.
Health (100/100)
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,084 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette was glad when the topic shifted. "Oh I hoped--," she started. For her, it was so common to have pups during spring because of her mother. "You're leadership, right? Don't you want pups this year?," she asked curiously. Arlette hoped that there would be pups. "I wouldn't mind babysitting them, or helping with them." She never got to be a mother and it hurt. But she knew she was good with them, at least she had been able to be a big sister before she should have become a mother. Arlette then looked away. "Do... Do you think Dergwouldwantpupsthisyear?," she asked all in one go.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
"I suppose I am? Leadership, I mean. Pups though? I...I don't have a father in mind for any." Nyra answered with a ghost of sadness, then perked her ears at the mention of Derg.

"What? Oh, uh...I would ask him yourself, honestly." She answered encouragingly, smiling to further the silent urging for Arlette to present the idea to the Overseer.
Truthfully Nyra wasn't sure how Derg felt. She hadn't ever seen the two together. Not yet anyway.
Health (100/100)
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,084 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette nodded. "Perhaps if you don't know a father then perhaps it isn't a wise decision," she admitted, then again, the pack would probably help her if something happened. Arlette looked a bit embarrassed and shook her head. "No maybe not," she returned, rethinking her decision. She had spent a lot of time with Derg and it was the reason why she was here. But, he hadn't even mentioned anything about wanting to be mates or liking her in that way. And... maybe she would birth stillborns again. "Forget i asked anything,"
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
At her friend's words, Nyra's smile softened, though not for a lack of positivity. To her, Arlette just seemed a little...sad? Embarrassed maybe? 
"I suggest feeling him out a bit. No guarantees it'll slide by him completely though, Derg has a pretty sharp mind." The Harbinger offered, motioning with her head as an offer for the medic to follow. Not seeking out Derg, just a stroll!
Health (100/100)
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,084 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette wasn't sure if she could do that in a subtle way. She just nodded softly but she kind of wasn't planning on asking him anything. Besides, if he liked her they probably wouldn't have pups this year. She just liked little ones, any little ones. So even if others would have pups she knew she would like them as well.

The female lifted her head when she saw the girl's motion and quickly followed with a light trot. "Maybe, I wouldn't want to be too forward," she admitted.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
"You'll be alright, take it slow if you need to." The beastess advised, despite not having been in any relationships within her nearly four years of life.
Health (100/100)
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,084 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette nodded to the pale female. If-- If Derg didn't like her that way then that was okay, she decided. She had found a home here with the saints it would only be an extra bonus if Derg liked her as well. She followed Nyra. "Where are we going?," Arlette asked her curiously.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
"We're just walking. Kinda beats sitting in one spot, y'know? Sometimes at least." The Harbinger answered, stopping along the bank of the river to  help remark it as the Saints' claim before continuing on.
Looking up, the sky looked darker than usual in the Northeast. But strangely no definite scent to the weather yet besides....cold.
Health (100/100)
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,084 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette nodded slowly when she said they were just walking. "Can you perhaps show your favorite spot in the territory?," she asked curiously. "If it is too personal you don't have to." She wouldn't mind seeing new spots and perhaps find good spots in her new home. Arlette kept pace with her, not really noting the skies as Nyra had.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
A sadness once more briefly passed on Nyra's face.
"We're still exploring the territory, not many definitive spots have been noted yet...though, perhaps we could find one?" She glanced to Arlette with interest. Maybe something could be found!
Health (100/100)
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,084 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette smiled faltered when she saw the sadness on Nyra's face. She wasn't sure if it was the right thing. But then the female suggested they go look for one together. "I like that,' she grinned and trotted next to Nyra. "Which part you have explored the least?," she asked.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
At Arlette's question, Nyra hmmed in thought 
"Probably the woods closer to the Ravine I suppose?" The Harbinger looked to Arlette, a quiet inquiry as to if she was okay with exploring out that way
Health (100/100)