Noctisardor Bypass i fell into my fear, and took a lie for a truth
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
they were both individuals who found comfort in long silences. mahler did not seek to fill the quiet with his own words, instead studying a patch of sedgegrass along one curve of the lake. soon they would bloom, he knew, purplish flowers that would seem almost indigo against the placid blue of the lake in beautiful spring.
somewhere to remain for the rest of his days.
a deepened pain he had been holding for several weeks broke within his chest.
praimfaya had told him of what she had learned upon her trek toward moonspear; 
the agony worked through his muscles until he dropped his head as laurel's voice sounded again, in time to catch the fear beneath her smile, tempered by an edge of resilience. mahler was not a fool, but he was a man, and as such realized oft belatedly how he had appeared.
of what are you afraid? he wished to ask, but a tautness in his soul suggested he perhaps knew the answer.
he was caught off-guard; mahler answered laurel without any brief hesitation to gather himself: "in a place of thorns, very far avay." and now realizing he had not wanted to say anything of his first past, the gargoyle added, "not so beautiful as this. my father vas the leader. i vas the son." fathers drove sons out and sons wandered until they found their own start.
but he had never put thade out; the boy had only gone.
[Image: 2711649b07fc604164cb120b1b417fa3cf47bccc_00.gif]
Messages In This Thread
RE: i fell into my fear, and took a lie for a truth - by Mahler - March 10, 2021, 03:50 PM