Dragoncrest Cliffs Where
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
776 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
All Welcome 
Eti was a mess. He paced the borders endlessly, but Theo was gone. He called for @Chacal manman, and both granmes @Erzulie and @Rosalyn.

He didnt know what to do or how to hunt him. He could scent him as manman had taught but he didn't think he could go that far or that fast. And the heartache his mother would feel were he to leave as well.

So he walked again and again a fever pitch whine in his throat. Why was Theo so headstrong. Why did he leave! Where was he? This was Eti's fault he was sure. He hadn't paid enough attention to his big brother.
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
746 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
tags for visibility. Chacal will go search for Theo following this thread.

The boys moved throughout the claimed packlands free of a constant supervisor, now that they were large enough to defend themselves against the few foes they might find that lived as fauna within their claim. There wasn't much for them to fear- badgers could be territorial, and groundhogs as well. The eagle had made itself known but her children had grown to be far too large for any bird to carry off. Her children were thriving. She watched over them like a proud shadow. 

And when she was with each of them, it lifted the weight of loss from her spirit day by day. Suzu was frightened still, but affectionate and good-humoured when she felt secure. She did have an awful aversion to blood, though, otherwise Chacal thought she might make an excellent medic or midwife. Theo was quiet, intelligent; she wondered still what skills she might suggest he develop. Thus far, she suspected he might make an excellent advisor. Etienne seemed keen to learn how to hunt, and perhaps had more initiative than the others. 

She woefully wondered where Requiem might have fit in amongst them, but had to banish that thought. 

Theo's absence had not gone unnoticed, and she intended to rove in search of him. She had let her mothers know, and her fellow leaders @Sobo and @Mireille so they might continue to rest after their own search missions. Her children were told next. Suzu was easy enough to find, and she tracked Etienne, following his call. 

"Eti," She greeted, nuzzling the top of his head affectionately. The boy did not hide his worry; and it touched her to know her children cared so much for one another.
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
776 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
They had no rules and regulations for their forays in the pack lands, as long as they stayed in designated areas. Suzu, never strayed far from the den, and Eti always wanted to be in hearing and feeling distance of his family's voices and vibrations. It brought him solace.

Brush of muzzle along fur and he lifted his head to look up at his manman, tears gathered at the corners of his eyes.

Dis is my fault. I s'oulda paid more attention. We so different T'eo and I, but I s'ould 'ave listened or played more or somet'ing.

Eti ran a paw along his ear, golden eyes further on the outside. I was gonna follow, but den i t'ought 'ow sad would manman and Suzu be if I left too. So I waited. Can I 'elp find 'im manman?
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
746 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
She sensed not only grief, but guilt as well, and Chacal sternly shook her head, while she pulled her son close. She, too, felt a great amount of guilt. In the wake of Requiem's disappearance, she had had to pull more strings, burn the candle at both ends. She'd sent search parties, and had been attentive herself- to the skies, the borders, the tide as it rolled in...She searched for the one she felt needed her the most, and had felt that Etienne, Theo and Suzu could manage, at least for a bit. Theo had been quiet. Suzu had become a homebody, and Etienne catered to her needs. If anyone should feel guilty about Theo's disappearance, Chacal felt strongly that it should be her. 

She was the mother, the guardian, the one who was supposed to keep them safe and happy. She felt like she was failing them. She felt it even more, when Etienne offered to help search. She shook her head. 

"Etienne, you are courageous an' kind,
but dis be not your fault.
I do not know why Theo left us behind,
but dis be not your fault."
She assured him. 

"I will take five days an' look,
an' let our neighbouring packs know.
I need you to stay, an' tend Suzu,
please promise me you will do so?"
It can be assumed that if Chacal is speaking, she will be singing. Her speaking patterns will always have a melodic quality to them.
Rivenwood
Oak
Gentle doesn't mean weak
776 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Eti folded into his mother's side and gave a shuddering breath. Steeling himself from completely wailing. He did not wish to upset his manman even further with his own grief.

Eti didn't mind taking care of his sister, or his mother, or even Theo. He really didn't. It gave him a purpose, despite that he had no clear idea what that was as of yet.

He listened to his mother's voice, small tail quivering at the cadence with which she delivered her words. A gentle thrill down his spine at the vibrations against his chest and his back.

He looked up and met her eyes and nodded.

I Promise. I already told Suzu. I wouldn't leave 'er ever. So i'll tend to Suzu. You don't enkyete pou nou
Sapphique
Tanzanite*
746 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Master Bard
She adored her protective son, who cared so much for his siblings. If he could, she supposed he would have split himself into three wolves, so that he could search for his brothers and tend to his sister as well. Because he had family, he would never have to accomplish so much on his own- so providing him with the task of simply taking care of Suzu would be his own responsibility whilst Chacal, Sobo and Mireille searched the area and spread the word. 

"T'ank you, mon p'tit Chéri,
such a 'elp to your Maman you be."
She said, nuzzling the soft fur on the top of his head. 
"Now come. Let's fin' you somet'ing to eat,
an' bring some'ting back for your sister as a treat."