Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
941 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Limit Two 
Seal had gone with Towhee to the coast, to Sweetharbor.

Njord was happy for his daughter. She would see her Uncle and Aunt again plus all eight of her new cousins. There would be no kin more excited and easy to befriend than Seal. The father knew she had inherited her mother’s strong ambassadorial skills.

It also warmed his heart for his daughter to see the ocean. To ken the sea and all its wonders.

It was a place he had given up, and a small piece of him lamented not to be the one to show her.

Yet, his mind didn’t linger too long on that sentiment. His poor wife was bedridden with a cold. He looked for @Orca II, keen to have some one-on-one time with his daughter. Perhaps they could find a way to cheer Meerkat up.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
Her sister's children grew. Seal was a girl wise beyond the months she had spent on this earth. Compassionate and empathetic, too. Sialuk saw a strong path for her laid out ahead, marked by the ancestors with whom she had made peace. Acrux and Maggak grew, too. Both explored further from the ulaq, beginning to learn and test the world around them under supervision. Still, her spirit was clouded by the death of sistraa. Until she could sing the death songs, Sialuk knew she could not heal.

She took time away from her own bustling ulaq, shared with so many, and the starwoman found Njord's trail fresh upon the ground. It had been some time since they had connected, and she greeted him with a soft woof. It is good to see your face, Njord, she said, the smile still not quite reaching her eyes.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
59 Posts
Ooc — ?
Seal was happy to adventure, and Orca was happier to stay home—but already she missed her adventurous sister. Seal was a bit more… extroverted, she found. She was made for the world. Orca was glad that the hellcat had not dimmed her light.

Orca had taken to sparring trees and anyone else who might humor her in her absence. While not the best, she hoped to someday become just that! Hunting too, she enjoyed. 

And speaking of that, Orca heard the sound of the woods nearby moving. She paused in her own activity, hearing the voice of Sialuk… but also smelling da! Orca turned from the enemy tree and grinned as she crouched lowly, stalking in their direction. With da distracted… she might finally catch him by surprise!
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
941 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
Njord’s face softened when Sialulk crossed his path. He helped where he could, but the man was an acquaintance of Death’s and knew the grief They always delivered.

Sialuk had lost a sister. Rodyn, a wife. Rolayne and Panuk, a mother. Kukutux, a daughter. Time would be the only antidote to the great scar left upon them, upon the Moonpacks. He had given them space to mourn as a family, but perhaps now they were ready to come together with the rest of the village.

“An’ yours, Sialuk,” he says softly, empathetically. Njord lifted an arm and invited her in for a hug. “Ah’m sorry, mo caomhnach. Truly.”

Little did he know, Orca stalked them nearby.
Members of Sun Mote Copse are welcome to join all threads and power-play Njord (excepting injury or death) for cohesion and continuity, whether or not he's an active participant in a thread. Just tag me!

Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
omg, somehow i did not know it was my turn here; deepest apologies!

Njord had lost a son, once. Sialuk remembered his name: Swordfish. He had gone and not come back. Did they think him dead? The starwoman kept the young man in her prayers to the ancestors, wishing him a safe return even if it felt unlikely now. And thought Stingray had left in good spirits, the parents had lost him, too. Sialuk knew she would hug Maggak and Acrux close tonight, clutching them with all her might so that they would be safe from the dangers of the world, even if it was only for a little while.

Nakummek, she said, bowing her head. This means thank you. It felt more genuine in her mother's tongue, more like what she felt it should mean.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
59 Posts
Ooc — ?
Oh, yes… he was definitely distracted. And the somberness of the content was missed by the singleminded Orca who thought that she might finally achieve her ultimate task—surprising her da! 

Creeping quietly, Orca paused to see her da offer Moonwoman a companionable hug. When she didn’t take it and dipped her head, Orca saw her landing zone—she burst free from her cover and moved to tackle her da into a hug, a bright smirk on her lips and in her eyes.
Moonspear
Head*
who stole my toe?!
1,197 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Missionary
Seer
Medic
It wasn't that she had not wanted to accept the hug, only that she felt that if she did, she might turn to ash. She was head of this village, and Njord her elder. Was she not supposed to show strength, even in the times that were the most difficult?

Out of nowhere, Orca rushed in, finding her father's embrace, and Sialuk watched with a bemused expression. For a moment, her mind was off of her sister and on happier things. She would not deign to ruin their time together, and Sialuk excused herself. Long days and pleasant nights—both of you, she said, giving Orca a nudge on the shoulder before departing.
Atkan Aleut
MORE INFO
Sun Mote Copse
Laird*
941 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Historian
Advisor
Therapist
The sentimental moment was interrupted when Njord was taken by complete surprise and tackled by Orca! “Och!” he laughed. “Ah’ve taught my daughter too well!”

He exchanged a knowing look with Sialuk as she said her goodbyes and then turned his attention back to Orca as a wrestling game began.