Ocean's Breath Plateau [m] olivella
Moontide
First Warrior
878 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
All Welcome 

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: mention of DV

backdated to evening of apr 23 <3

red leaf had begged. chakliux had felt himself tear. in the end, he sought @Rodyn and @Heph, not with obvious howls, but with a grim visit to them both.
against the lap of the springtime surf, he took a breath. "the man cen brings trouble."
he briefly described the cousin-claim that cen had aggressively made to a member of the weald, little more than an impressionable girl in his mind. but more than that, the caribou hunter had repeatedly raised blows to his wife before they had come to the village. 
"cen and sulukinak are off hunting. red leaf will not leave her lodge; she will not come to my family's home, and asked me with tears to tell no one. but it was not something i could keep secret," chakliux said, heart heavy, muscles leaping beneath the strength of his jawline. "it must be handled gently. she fears death."
guilt rode his withers. he refused to let it bend him, and watched each of his leaders carefully.
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,278 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn heard everything with brief words. And disgust traced along his innards. And guilt. He had let them in. He had given them a chance and this was how the man repaid him.

He was silent, but his face darkened with every thought. A cold terrible, calm anger filled his soul. They would see him now angrier and more dangerous than they had ever seen the proud hunter.

Yellow eyes glittering with a deep darkness. When he finally spoke it was with a calm even tone.

Then we will handle it quietly. I ask that someone go for @Aiolos and @Kukutux they have experience with this type of darkness. We will do nothing until one or both arrive. Also send word to any and all of our allies once a decision is made on how to separate this man from Red Leaf and the child. Only then we will run to our allies and explain why he is no longer welcome.
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
Moontide
First Warrior
878 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
"i will go." he could be swift, knowing the paths between, and be back swiftly.
the scars upon his face shifted as an expression of discomfort came over the seal hunter. "if it is possible, i would like to remain near my lodge when i have come back. i know if you call for fighters, you will have them." it was no longer his right to volunteer raiyuk, but he felt the young man would wish an opportunity to be included in the workings of his pack.
"marina is — i think she is ill. i am going to ask the moon woman to come and see her while i am there."
Moontide
Alpha*
1,278 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn was glad he offered. The alpha could have gone himself, but now he felt a responsibility to Red Leaf to keep an eye. He wouldn't allow Cen to hurt her anymore.

Rodyn's face fell and he nodded. Yes please take care of your wife.

He knew well how it hurt to lose someone you loved. He took a shuddering breath.
Moontide
Beta*
729 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph listened, quiet yet intent. She nodded her head at Rodyn's decision. They would need warriors to fend off Cen and need those who knew what to say to persuade Red Leaf not to go with him and to help keep the loneliness at bay once had left. "I will help @Marina with your lodge and ready gifts to bring when we travel to speak to our allies and warn them of him." For she intened to be part of the travelling, of making sure that as far as she roamed this wolf would not find shelter.

hope you don't mind me throwing her in there last minute
Moontide
First Warrior
878 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Tracker
not at all! <3

"thank you, heph. this man will not run far with your warrior's teeth," the seal hunter grinned, brightening despite himself. 
"i go to rest now," chakliux added. "i will leave soon."
and in his heart burnt a first, fast fury.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,278 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
i don't mind either :)
Rodyn nodded. So it was decided. And he felt sick at what was to come. This would not be easy. And that he would have to trick and manipulate made it so much worse.

Everybody should go rest. He brushed them both with firm muzzle to shoulder and began to turn away.
Moontide
Beta*
729 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
"You're doing the best you can Rodyn, we will get through this." She nodded her own assent and went to tend to her duties, it would not do to have their target cotton on to the plan before they were ready. Their friendship had allowed Heph to observe the brown wolf, he was honorable and kind, she knew it would most likely trouble him - having to lie, having a wolf like this amongst their pack. Heph shared his sentiments as far as the pack went, she wished to see any danger to Moontide and her sister packs run off as quickly as wisdom would allow, but her own sense of morality was looser. She took no delight in inciting bloodshed, and enjoyed making friends where she could, when she was met with fairness and friendliness she returned it in kind, but she had no qualms about meeting malice with trickery and subterfuge.