Grouse Thicket I want a ticket to anywhere
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
When a breeze combed through the thicket, causing the bushes to shudder, Bronco stiffened, straightening to interrogate the wind and see what secrets it carried but found there was nothing that smelled very edible. He ran his tongue over his lips and nose, hoping to sharpen his sense of smell, but the moisture lingering about the thicket seemed to work against him, and the scent of the flora overwhelmed the scent of any fauna in the area. He was disappointed. He knew his mother was going to give birth soon, and he wanted to bring something back for her as she was becoming less and less mobile. 

A sparse cloud of fog drifted through on the breeze, obscuring his vision and causing him to get slightly turned around, as the thicket was more or less a wild hedge maze and could be difficult to navigate for those who weren't familiar with the area. The swirling wind, aimless and unfaithful, was no aid in helping him get a sense of direction, and he ended up meandering off in a bit of a circle before he happened upon his own set of pawprints. He recoiled, and ventured off in another direction, but froze when the mist was pulled aside like a curtain, revealing, in the distance, a pale spectre. 

The long-limbed figure has a pelt like none other Bronco had seen before, which immediately made him somewhat suspicious of him. While he was fully aware of the fact that he'd lived a relatively sheltered life, this male's appearance struck him as being something unsettling and unnerving, simply because it was different. There were no other wild creatures that looked like that, as far as he knew. From the patchwork pelt he had, to the curl of his tail, Bronco found himself wondering exactly what it was about the male that made him so strikingly different from the generic patterns he normally encountered. 

But then, when the male turned his head slightly, he took note of the male's vacant gaze- and noticed that his eyes were the colour of blood. It was like he was something out of a nightmare, though...He looked young, as though he was somewhere handy to Bronco's age. Only after a few moments did he notice the metallic clank that accompanied the male's step, and saw the thing on his leg. It wasn't natural. There was so much about him that just didn't seem natural. So Bronco stood, the hair raised along his nape and spine, and stared, not quite believing the sight he saw before him- and wondered if somehow, he was dreaming.
Messages In This Thread
I want a ticket to anywhere - by RIP Bronco - March 30, 2020, 10:14 PM
RE: I want a ticket to anywhere - by RIP Clarence - March 30, 2020, 10:32 PM
RE: I want a ticket to anywhere - by RIP Bronco - March 30, 2020, 11:14 PM
RE: I want a ticket to anywhere - by RIP Clarence - March 30, 2020, 11:32 PM
RE: I want a ticket to anywhere - by RIP Bronco - March 31, 2020, 12:01 AM