Moonspear Atari's lantern.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Sniffing at Meerkat with a probing (but gently so) nose, Hydra drank in the scents of her. There was a pang as she thought she detected her brother upon the several among her... but it did not show upon her exterior while she worked at distinguishing the rest. In any event, her sister-by-name said just the right thing in which to remove any off-color feelings that she might have felt. 

The legend, Towhee had referred to her as. 

Hydra found she quite liked that. 

With her ego stroked sufficiently, Hydra was all the warmer for it, turning to look to Meerkat. Her eye was keen enough to notice the similarities present between them, but Hydra attributed this to being her brothers son. Atlas, physically, reminded her much of Arcturus with his bright yellow eyes... the resemblance was almost uncanny, but he was filling out far more than Arcturus had in her own estimation. But when Towhee revealed the girls relation to her, Hydra's gaze turned toward her. 

In front of Towhee, she was comfortable enough to be as much of an open book as she could be... but she was mindful of her daughter. Still, the look that crossed her features then was very much so a, wait a moment... but I thought...? before her gaze turned again to Meerkat. Somehow, the news made her love the girl all the more fiercely before she knew her at all. Blood never really mattered when it came to herself and Towhee, but Hydra knew this one was special; something Towhee had been... what, blessed with? Did she believe in all of that? In fact she did—life worked in mysterious ways. All got what they deserved, and no one more than Towhee deserved the good fortune and brilliance of being a mother... though she knew as most did it was not an easy task. 

There were other children as well, though Hydra's attentions were largely for the most important among them (in her own estimation, anyway). 

Hello, Meerkat. Nice to properly meet you, she grinned, and her gaze shifted to Towhee, motherhood still suits you, whether your fruit came from you or any other; I know how that came to be, though... I cannot imagine how you must have felt when she came to be, she thrilled, turning to Meerkat and wanting very much so for Towhee to gush all about it. She was all but chomping at the bit to do so herself, she was so overjoyed for her comrade. 

Answering her first, now, she informed, they are still too young for the borders yet. I do not want to encourage them this way before they can be here themselves, lest they think it is alright for them to do so. They are bold, she grinned. And to answer Towhee, she looked and said, as for my own family... we are six cubs stronger this season. My brother and sister-in-law bore two cubs together... a son and a daughter. Saviguk and Sialuk are their names. As for my own, I have had two boys and two girls. There is Altair, Caelum, Mira, and Mintaka... It was helpful to have her children around to help rear them in the absence of the one that had run away from it all. She was thankful to have so many hands on deck to raise them.

Her tail waved to think of them as she lamented, it will be some time yet before they move to the rendezvous. But once they are able to travel, perhaps we may meet again at our own rendezvous point, she quipped with a wave of her tail.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
Atari's lantern. - by Towhee - July 13, 2020, 01:21 PM
RE: Atari's lantern. - by Mira - July 13, 2020, 01:44 PM
RE: Atari's lantern. - by RIP Desdemona - July 13, 2020, 01:49 PM
RE: Atari's lantern. - by Hydra - July 14, 2020, 05:43 PM
RE: Atari's lantern. - by Towhee - July 14, 2020, 06:15 PM
RE: Atari's lantern. - by RIP Desdemona - July 14, 2020, 07:00 PM
RE: Atari's lantern. - by Hydra - July 17, 2020, 01:00 PM
RE: Atari's lantern. - by Towhee - July 18, 2020, 03:31 PM
RE: Atari's lantern. - by RIP Desdemona - July 18, 2020, 03:47 PM
RE: Atari's lantern. - by Hydra - July 23, 2020, 11:18 AM