Sun Mote Copse And so I quit the p'lice department
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Trade 
The morning came with mist, but the dawn's reddish hue indicated that the cool might be ephemeral in nature, and as soon as the sun lifted the mist, it began to radiate warmth, drying little droplets off grassblades and promising another hot, smarmy day. By mid morning, the temperature had already reached what Bronco perceived as being about the maximum temperature he could tolerate without feeling as though he weighed an extra sixty pounds, so he grumbled to himself and set about tracking down a couple jackrabbits he'd scented, hoping to make a catch before the afternoon heat set in and turned his stomach. 

They must have come out for the cool grass as well, in the early hours of dawn, and he could scent a couple of them, and knew he was getting close when he began to spot stalks of grass gnawed down to nubbins in the ground. He licked his lips, wetting his nose so that he could better stalk his prey- but ended up catching someone else's scent in the area instead. Ever the opportunistic hunter, he diverted from his path, stalking the rabbits, and followed his nose until he spotted @Meerkat's tawny coat in the distance. She had some purpose to her step as she moved, but he figured she'd still be easy to coerce into a quick hunt. He tried to flag her down with a high, waving tail and a few bounds to catch her attention- not wanting to raise his voice while the jackrabbits were still in the area.
Messages In This Thread
And so I quit the p'lice department - by RIP Bronco - July 27, 2020, 11:32 AM
RE: And so I quit the p'lice department - by Meerkat - July 27, 2020, 11:39 AM
RE: And so I quit the p'lice department - by Meerkat - July 27, 2020, 11:56 AM
RE: And so I quit the p'lice department - by Meerkat - July 27, 2020, 12:20 PM
RE: And so I quit the p'lice department - by Meerkat - July 27, 2020, 12:40 PM
RE: And so I quit the p'lice department - by Meerkat - July 27, 2020, 12:58 PM
RE: And so I quit the p'lice department - by Meerkat - July 27, 2020, 01:12 PM
RE: And so I quit the p'lice department - by Meerkat - July 27, 2020, 01:30 PM
RE: And so I quit the p'lice department - by Meerkat - July 27, 2020, 02:12 PM
RE: And so I quit the p'lice department - by Meerkat - July 27, 2020, 02:50 PM
RE: And so I quit the p'lice department - by Meerkat - July 28, 2020, 01:49 PM
RE: And so I quit the p'lice department - by Meerkat - July 28, 2020, 03:11 PM
RE: And so I quit the p'lice department - by RIP Bronco - August 01, 2020, 03:35 PM