Moonspear And the chickens how they rattle chicken chains
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Bronco had never really taken the time to design or even improve his living space when he'd lived with the Firebirds. While he was aware that his mother often collected feathers, Bronco's den had been nothing more than a repurposed hole in the ground left behind by some other, smaller animal. What Kukutux had accomplished, however, was amazing. It was with great care and practice that she'd laid the site for her settlement, both using the natural curve and shape of the land and the stones and trees it presented as well as obviously introducing her handmade materials.

He felt a funny twinge in his chest the second time she mentioned her mate- or perhaps it was simply the way she'd worded it. But these were personal things, and not to be questioned, he told himself. But what had she meant when she said that Jarilo became married to her? Was she the one who had popped the question?

He was very much engulfed in curiosity, and was both listening intently and gawking around and he spooked lightly when she suddenly jabber a chunk of salmon toward him, which he took simply because she'd offered it in such a way that told him he shouldn't object. He made a small noise of thanks, which then turned into a soft note of surprise- to see how the flavour and texture changed when the fish had been laid out in the sun to dry. "Woah," He said, licking his lips. "That's fantastic," He said. 

He had so many more questions about her den and its area- but Kukutux was ahead of him, and had already asked him a question about Meerkat before he'd had a chance to take his hanging lower jaw and put it to use. "Yes, I am- and yes, she is," He said with a nod. "She's a year younger so I'm sorta her caretaker here." He said, with a hint of pride. Of course, Meerkat was old enough now to be allowed to wander around on her own- but he still checked in with her every day. 

Her question about Meerkat hadn't been enough to distract him from the wonders of her home, though. "So how did you...And you lived on an island?" He asked. "And your uhm...That," He said, gesturing timidly to the sash she'd been wearing earlier to carry her herbs. "You said it was 'women's work,' but...D'you think that like...I could learn how to make one?" He asked. "I'll get the skin or fur or whatever you need, for it, an' we can trade, if you want, if you'll teach me...?" He'd been shrinking a bit, with every word- not wanting to over-step any boundaries- but he did truly hope that Kukutux might see fit to teach him how to make one.
Messages In This Thread
RE: And the chickens how they rattle chicken chains - by RIP Bronco - August 20, 2020, 11:57 AM