Firefly Glen I know a boat you can get on
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
He could only try to imagine what it was like for Antares, trying to lead a pack in the wake of such loss. He was not only thrown into grief, but into a position of responsibility- and not by choice. He figured that it likely made it even more difficult to assume the position of alpha, considering the fact that the responsibility had fallen into his hands because of Osiris' death. Atlas was nowhere to be found, as well, which likely made him feel both fractured by grief, and lonely as well. He wondered what was going on inside Atlas' mind- and he couldn't help but feel a bit of spite. Not only had Atlas bailed on his brother in the wake of Osiris' death, but he had also bailed on Meerkat. While he could forgive Atlas for acting irrationally out of grief, he still did not appreciate the effect it had on Antares and Meerkat. 

So he nodded quietly. Antares did indeed have a lot to figure out- and Bronco wasn't sure if he should step in and start giving him advice, nor was he certain he had any advice to offer. He also wasn't sure exactly how involved he wanted to get- it would be unfair for him to offer help, and step up, if he ended up deciding to relocate to the Caldera. So he would do what he could, while he could do it, without making promises he couldn't keep. 

He was a bit surprised when Antares offered to have his back as well, as he'd figured that Antares had enough problems of his own to wade through without having to worry about another family's problems. But he realized, then, that Antares had probably been just as in the dark about what had happened at the Caldera as Bronco had been about the Glen. While messages had been passed back and forth, they had been brief, and without details. 

"A lot," He admitted ruefully. "And the weather certainly didn't help," He said, with a nod. He didn't want Antares to feel as though he hadn't done enough to figure out what was going on at the Caldera- the weather had been too bad for even his mother to deliver an adequate message to the Glen. "I was about to come back to the Glen when a cougar attacked. Alyx- my younger sister- and Fennec joined in the fight, and it ran off, eventually, but...It definitely got the best of us." He admitted. The beast had been ruthless. "My mom tried to deliver a message, but I guess she got stopped by the storm, and attacked by some loner on the way back." He didn't know the details about that particular incident, as she had elected not to tell him, and he'd been too injured to properly register it anyway. "Meerkat showed up a few days later with news. And a few days after that, I guess a bear trespassed into the Caldera too, but it didn't  get at anyone, fortunately." He said. He'd only been vaguely aware of the situation when it had transpired, and had been told about it a few days later, once his concussion had passed a bit more. "I'm sorry it took so long for me to get back," He said, though he had a feeling that he'd been far too late to be much help, anyway.
Messages In This Thread
I know a boat you can get on - by RIP Bronco - January 24, 2021, 05:20 PM
RE: I know a boat you can get on - by Antares - January 24, 2021, 07:27 PM
RE: I know a boat you can get on - by RIP Bronco - January 24, 2021, 08:24 PM
RE: I know a boat you can get on - by Antares - January 24, 2021, 09:17 PM
RE: I know a boat you can get on - by RIP Bronco - January 24, 2021, 10:19 PM
RE: I know a boat you can get on - by Antares - January 27, 2021, 01:45 AM
RE: I know a boat you can get on - by RIP Bronco - February 09, 2021, 07:57 PM
RE: I know a boat you can get on - by Antares - February 15, 2021, 01:24 AM
RE: I know a boat you can get on - by RIP Bronco - February 15, 2021, 04:34 PM
RE: I know a boat you can get on - by Antares - February 16, 2021, 01:08 AM
RE: I know a boat you can get on - by RIP Bronco - February 23, 2021, 05:09 PM