Firefly Glen another riff for the good times
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Just to leave the opportunity for others to pop into the other thread I have going, I'll keep him a titch ambiguous :3

Meerkat didn't seem reluctant, nor did she shake her head or express any open discontent with simply picking up and following him back toward the north- but the fact that she didn't simply get ready to go right then spoke volumes. He knew his sister well enough to know that normally, she would go along with his suggestions without questioning them- and when she didn't, it meant that there was a reason. 

She spoke about Kukutux and he was relieved for a moment to hear that at least the gentle medic had survived...but he was not optimistic when he was told that they were the only two to have reunited. It made him think of the small group he'd collected toward the North- knowing that they were still missing several others. He was reassured then, that at least he was doing the right thing, considering that Kukutux was practicing the same method of finding a safe, nearby place, and calling her surviving packmates to her so that they could regroup. He wondered if he should take his small band down to the Spine to combine the two groups together for safety. 

So when Meerkat asked about the wolves he'd gathered together, he informed her. "That's...That's all, for right now," He finished. "I've been waiting, to see if the mountain has settled...I thought it was best to just...Try and reunite everyone where it was safest, rather than getting any closer than this, just in case there's another avalanche or landslide." He said, eyeing the mountain warily. He wasn't even very comfortable being this close. He remembered what it had felt like when Fennec's den had collapsed in on him; he could only imagine how horrible it must have been, if any wolves had been trapped under Moonspear's tumbling cliffs. He didn't like the idea of Kukutux and Sialuk being all on their own, either. 

Meerkat's cough- for the moment- went relatively unnoticed. There had been dust in the air in the wake of the landslide, so he passed it off as a side effect of that. 

So when Meerkat spoke about going to the Caldera, it sounded to him less like she was proposing an idea, and more as though she was asking permission for them to go there. It hinted at a bias- and a will. "You want to go to the Caldera?" He asked. It wasn't what she had said- but he felt she'd implied it. "That's not a bad idea; the Caldera would be safe. I just...I don't know what to do with the Glen. And I'm not sure it's my decision, or my decision to make alone." He wasn't sure what Antares would think about it, if he had survived. And he didn't want to step on Hydra's toes either, by rounding up what he could find of both the Glen and the Moonspearians and relocating them to the Caldera without permission from his superiors. They might want to keep the packs right they were- and relocating a handful of their packmates wasn't a good way to keep their borders reinforced. He was quiet for a moment. "Maybe it is my decision." He said, softly. Without Antares or Hydra to step in and put forth their ideas, perhaps it was the time and place for him to step in and make an executive decision- in the interest of keeping what was left of the two packs alive and safe.
Messages In This Thread
another riff for the good times - by Meerkat - February 19, 2021, 12:06 PM
RE: another riff for the good times - by RIP Bronco - February 19, 2021, 03:43 PM
RE: another riff for the good times - by Meerkat - February 19, 2021, 04:19 PM
RE: another riff for the good times - by RIP Bronco - February 19, 2021, 04:47 PM
RE: another riff for the good times - by Meerkat - February 19, 2021, 05:49 PM
RE: another riff for the good times - by RIP Bronco - February 19, 2021, 05:55 PM
RE: another riff for the good times - by Meerkat - February 19, 2021, 07:01 PM
RE: another riff for the good times - by RIP Bronco - February 19, 2021, 07:21 PM
RE: another riff for the good times - by Meerkat - February 19, 2021, 09:42 PM
RE: another riff for the good times - by RIP Bronco - February 22, 2021, 08:18 PM
RE: another riff for the good times - by Meerkat - February 22, 2021, 09:25 PM