Redhawk Caldera I thought I'd have it worked out and I'd be making plenty
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
As soon as he felt her weight fall off of him, he scrambled to get to his feet, claws raking lines in the earth and sending small pebbles scattering. His clumsiness cost him time and by the time he gathered himself to bound away, he found his exit blocked. 

Silhouetted against the gloaming, the blind medic barricaded the opening of the den allowing him only a glimpse of the dusk over her shoulders and underneath her belly. But burning more brightly than the fierce crimson of the fading horizon was the stark silver of her gaze. Her fixed, gilded pupils directed in an endless, sightless gaze that pierced straight through him. 

Not one of the hunters had been blind. And seeing Fennec's eyes now was just the snap he needed to break himself out of his frenzy. 

Still- he was cornered, and he shuddered. Paranoia hissed at him; she could be an agent of theirs. Betrayal coaxed a growl from him as he backed up, until his rump was pressed firmly against the back wall of the den. This was a place where he couldn't fight back. He had tried, before- but it had never worked. The only thing that had saved him was running and them staying quiet and calm when he'd been trapped in a den, waiting for his turn to become the prey. 

He lowered his head and flattened his ears in submission, uttering a quiet, shaky moan.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I thought I'd have it worked out and I'd be making plenty - by RIP Bronco - October 19, 2021, 12:22 PM