Emberwood maybe i'm just like my mother; she's never satisfied
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Despite the fact that they'd not been able to locate any other of her family members,  Blueberry seemed to be settling in pretty well in the Emberwood, as far as he could tell. She was always all smiles and charm, bubbly and eager to please. So even when he wondered if she was lonely or missed having others her age around, he felt simultaneously fairly convinced that she actually was happy, every time he saw her. 

Her evergreen enthusiasm made him feel hopeful. She was shaping up to be an excellent pack member, doing whatever she could to contribute, and doing so with a smile. He failed to notice that more often than not, that smile was directed more at him than anyone else, but he responded all the same by being pleased with her. 

He would never have expected her to request a fighting lesson. His face went blank and he froze for a moment. His mind raced. 

Did she think he liked to fight because of his scars?
Had he told her before that he'd give her lessons?
Did Fennec mention to her that he used to be forced into fights with his mother?
Did she think he liked fighting because he had all those scars?
Was it just because of the way he looked?

Suddenly very self-conscious, he swallowed hard and passed a very dry tongue over his lips. "I, uh," He rasped. His throat was so dry. He scooped up a mouthful of snow and swallowed it down, hoping it would help. 

Why did she want to learn?
Why now? Had something happened?
Did she meet someone that made her feel like she needed to know how to fight?

Too many questions buzzing around in his mind. He couldn't figure out which question was appropriate to ask, and he didn't want to disappoint her, either. Not when he did have the time to spend with her, and not when she'd been doing so well to help the pack get settled. "I'm, uh, not m-much good at it." He admitted, softly. He tried to use humour to deflect. "Y'know. Good fighters, well they...They don't end up quite this, uh," He said, tilting his head to the side a bit. Scars, everywhere, from his jaw to his brow. "Y'know?" A weak smile, as what he hope sufficed as a gentle discouragement.
Messages In This Thread
RE: maybe i'm just like my mother; she's never satisfied - by RIP Bronco - February 20, 2022, 04:15 PM