Redhawk Caldera Don’t let this touch you
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
In the time while he waited, he tried not to let his doubts brew and strengthen like tea left in hot water for too long, but it was an uphill battle. Whether or not Wraen had ever forgiven him was one thing. What had Eljay and Maia heard about him and Fennec, if she'd passed this way before him, or if Towhee had sent word along? His frown had deepened by the time he saw movement on the slope above him- but brightness of her eyes and smile eased his worry, like a beam of light splitting the darkness. 

She didn't rush toward him, which he appreciated. He didn't like other wolves getting too close, even if they were close friends, and it felt awkward for him having to set new boundaries. Maia looked tempted to rush him with a fond greeting, but then seemed to change her mind and halted herself. Her warmth, nevertheless, persisted. 

Bronco stood slowly, as though his joints ached, and while his posture remained tired and worn, his tail waved from side to side, flicking around his ankles. It was as much enthusiasm as he could possibly summon, but she deserved it. He offered her a fond rumble of a greeting, and meekly bowed his head in a nod. "Guess, uh, I look kinda...More rugged than handsome now," He said. An attempt at humour, despite his weariness. "My son," He said, looking over at his shoulder toward the North, a wistful gleam in his eyes. "He lives with Mereo, in the canyon...I was just hoping I might be able to settle someplace nearby, to keep in touch with him an' I guess I just kind of came back here," he said. "Didn't realize you guys'd come up the Caldera, though," He said, with a soft chuckle. "I know it's sort of Eljay's favourite place, isn't it."
Messages In This Thread
Don’t let this touch you - by RIP Bronco - May 19, 2022, 10:03 AM
RE: Don’t let this touch you - by Maia - May 19, 2022, 10:29 AM
RE: Don’t let this touch you - by RIP Bronco - May 19, 2022, 12:30 PM
RE: Don’t let this touch you - by Maia - May 19, 2022, 12:52 PM
RE: Don’t let this touch you - by RIP Bronco - May 19, 2022, 01:05 PM
RE: Don’t let this touch you - by Maia - May 19, 2022, 05:23 PM
RE: Don’t let this touch you - by RIP Bronco - May 19, 2022, 05:42 PM
RE: Don’t let this touch you - by Maia - May 19, 2022, 06:01 PM
RE: Don’t let this touch you - by RIP Bronco - May 19, 2022, 06:48 PM
RE: Don’t let this touch you - by Maia - May 19, 2022, 07:18 PM
RE: Don’t let this touch you - by RIP Bronco - May 19, 2022, 07:55 PM