Rising Sun Valley You've got me seeing stars, brighter than ever
Pledged
1,536 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Private 
This can wait or be changed to all welcome if you want, I know they already have a private thread but I had muse for this <3
The sun fell behind the horizon as she traveled, and was rising again by the time she neared Swiftcurrent Creek. The morning chill manifested as a faint white haze hanging over everything, as if the clouds had heard her speaking of them and descended. Even the sun was fractured and blurry, nothing more than a bloom of faint blue light. It was a gentle fog, not enough to hinder her travels, but the horizon was obscured.
Maybe it was too early to call on @Lestan. She turned to idle wandering, trying to catch glimpses of the sky through the trees until they fell away to open sky. The heavens were a moody and grave-faced companion today. Something dark churned above; Mother Rain, stirring to call her wayward children home. Reverie half-expected the fog to swirl away at any moment. She wanted it to stay.
She didn't even think about it; it felt so natural out here in the open, with Mother Rain watching over her. As the sun chased away the last of the night's shadows, she danced. And snow began to fall.
It started soft, but soon she danced in a flurry of feathery white. Mother Rain answered her call with a cold embrace, and she remembered Rose, singing. She could hear it so clearly. They had always practiced together, though it was forbidden, and she had danced to Rose's songs of far away places and dreams made into reality. Forbidden, wonderful things; that was how this felt.
Messages In This Thread
You've got me seeing stars, brighter than ever - by Reverie - December 25, 2022, 02:59 PM