Redhawk Caldera Put your dukes up
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
He agreed. It felt like the only way to reconcile the rift between mother and daughter was to strike up some balance so that Sorana could see both of her parents. The only tug of jealousy he felt was when he considered how much Sorana pined for her father, while she shunned him, or rolled her eyes whenever they did interact. He couldn't want to replace Reyes, or take up the place she had in her heart for her father- but he did hope at least that she might stop avoiding him so much. 

He blinked when Teya spoke Fennec's name. It wasn't often that they spoke at length about their previous relationships, save for where their children were concerned. When he spoke of his son, Fennec's name was often omitted from the conversation. It was a gentle way, he thought, of shutting the door on their past and moving forward while keeping Killdeer close to his heart. With that door shut, he was able to think about her, differently, and talk about her. 

"No," He said, thoughtfully, the nuance in his voice leading toward an explanation. "I don't see her anymore, either, so...I think maybe it's a bit easier for me. We decided not to be in each other's lives, and I don't think either of us regret that. Killdeer tells me she's moved on too, so...Honestly, that's a relief. I don't...I don't really worry that it'll ever be hard to see her again, if our paths cross. But...I think it did hurt, for a bit." He said. He wanted her to know that he understood the struggle. "It hurt until I realized that it would only hurt more and more if we stayed together. Then...It just got easier, and I started looking forward. Only forward." He said.
Messages In This Thread
Put your dukes up - by RIP Bronco - January 16, 2023, 11:20 AM
RE: Put your dukes up - by Teya - January 16, 2023, 11:38 AM
RE: Put your dukes up - by RIP Bronco - January 16, 2023, 11:50 AM
RE: Put your dukes up - by Teya - January 16, 2023, 12:00 PM
RE: Put your dukes up - by RIP Bronco - January 16, 2023, 12:20 PM
RE: Put your dukes up - by Teya - January 16, 2023, 12:28 PM
RE: Put your dukes up - by RIP Bronco - January 16, 2023, 01:05 PM
RE: Put your dukes up - by Teya - January 16, 2023, 02:44 PM
RE: Put your dukes up - by RIP Bronco - January 16, 2023, 03:37 PM
RE: Put your dukes up - by Teya - January 16, 2023, 04:47 PM
RE: Put your dukes up - by RIP Bronco - January 16, 2023, 08:11 PM