Stavanger Bay It was all forlorn, if only for a season
Pledged
1,536 Posts
Ooc — xynien
He was silent for a time, and Reverie was afraid. Even as he touched her, she felt that prickle of fear, and it was all she could do to hold back the sudden clench of sickness in her throat.
She was silent, too, in the wake of his words; unable to answer some things, shaken by others. But she pressed closer, wanting him to hold her if he would. I'm sorry, Reverie said finally, softly, her own tears still falling freely. I want us to be better, too. I - I've been thinking of ways... if you want to try. But I - I understand if you don't. But her voice trembled fiercely and then broke with these last words, and her tears fell anew, and her expression said what she did not: that she needed, desperately, for him to want this.
I know I've hurt you, too. I want to - learn how to be a good wife to you. I want to make you happy. And I - I think we can get there, now that things have... settled down a little, She was rambling; anxious. She closed her mouth and looked down at the place where their paws were still joined, this point of contact he'd initiated. Did that mean there was hope?
She didn't know.
I love you, She started to weep again. My - my love for you isn't gone. That's why - why I thought - if we talked about it, if we both decide to try, together, maybe - She wanted it to stop; it hurt, it hurt so terribly she could hardly stand it; I don't want to lose you.
Messages In This Thread
It was all forlorn, if only for a season - by Reverie - June 26, 2023, 12:53 PM
RE: It was all forlorn, if only for a season - by Reverie - June 29, 2023, 07:58 AM