Falls of the Hinterlands I can't find my way now
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,981 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She recovered swiftly in the copse. Meerkat asked @Njord if they could make a trip back to Moonspear in the morning as they shared a light supper. He agreed, then went to patrol to the north. Although she ought to get to bed—she didn’t want to push herself too hard, not ahead of tomorrow’s trek—she decided to go for a walk.

Meerkat padded east to stride along the riverbank that formed the periphery there, glancing up every now and then as the sky dimmed, then darkened. Just when she decided it was time to turn back, she caught the faint thunder of the falls. She remembered them from her childhood days.

She told herself she could pay them a visit anytime once they settled. Nonetheless, she found herself drawn to them now. The trees thinned and she saw the cascade of water, bright beneath the waxing crescent moon. The ghostly mist gathering at its foot drew her eye, a gasp tugging out of her throat when she spotted her daughter standing there.

Confused and delighted in equal measure, Meerkat called, Orca? and strode toward her—only it was a him, not a her, and not her daughter at all.

She paused and gawked at the young man. She remembered seeing him as a puppy in the glen many months ago, though for the life of her, Meerkat couldn’t remember his name. She flashed him a sheepish smile, eyes tracking fondly over his uncannily familiar features, so different and yet to similar to her little girl’s.

I thought you were my daughter, Meerkat stated the obvious. I’m sorry, I don’t remember your name. I’m Meerkat, she introduced, wondering if he would remember her.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
I can't find my way now - by Arrluk - October 16, 2023, 09:26 PM
RE: I can't find my way now - by Meerkat - October 17, 2023, 08:07 AM
RE: I can't find my way now - by Arrluk - October 23, 2023, 09:45 PM
RE: I can't find my way now - by Meerkat - October 24, 2023, 09:18 AM
RE: I can't find my way now - by Arrluk - November 09, 2023, 09:42 PM
RE: I can't find my way now - by Meerkat - November 14, 2023, 10:42 AM
RE: I can't find my way now - by Arrluk - December 03, 2023, 07:00 PM
RE: I can't find my way now - by Meerkat - December 04, 2023, 09:19 AM
RE: I can't find my way now - by Arrluk - December 23, 2023, 06:17 PM
RE: I can't find my way now - by Meerkat - December 29, 2023, 09:47 AM
RE: I can't find my way now - by Arrluk - January 27, 2024, 10:29 PM