Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Private 
@Whisker 

It was only 24 hours ago, since Wraen's whole life seemed to have veered off the neat road it had been going and ended up in a ditch. And her rational mind was screaming at her to get out and be back on track again, while the emotional part of her reasoned that for re-thinking life-choices sitting knee deep in the water, with concussed mind and bleeding wounds was just as good as any other. 

Therefore Wraen had not returned to Sunspire last evening, wandering aimlessly around the plains, frantically looking for a way out of the mess she was in. Being taken by surprise had been the most difficult part, realizing that she had had this crisis coming, was heartbreaking to admit. But, what was more pressing, that she needed answers. What to do from this point on. What should she say to Rannoch, Terance and Liffey, when they returned. Should she forget this and go on as she had before. Or should she take a chance and do some soul-searching on her own. 

There were so many fears to tackle - but the up most the fear of being deemed as a traitor. She had been the part of Sunspire from the very beginning, lived with the same people even before that, and it felt selfish to leave them now. They needed her. But, when would come a time, when they would not? When would be that moment, when she could make selfish choices, when she could take a day off or rest without feeling guilty for not contributing, when she would not have to restrain her from speaking her mind, for the fear of offending her brother? When could she stop trying so very hard to be someone people liked, admired, trusted and followed, and be herself?

Looking at her own reflection in the still waters of the lake, did not give her many answers. Therefore with a sigh she turned away, settled down on the banks and focused on the small island, where she had hunted on so many occasions this summer, while her mind was miles away.
Messages In This Thread
Coin operated boy - all the other real ones that I destroy - by Wraen - October 04, 2018, 02:32 PM