Kintla Flatlands And I'll never let him go
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Having had so many rows with Terance in the past, Wraen had learned a thing or two about self-control, therefore she did not let herself be riled up - she calmly watched and listened, how Seabreeze spoke about those events from her perspective. Angry, hurt and with a hint of "I am fed up with this lot already". And there she realized, how each of them had lived in a different bubble of reality then and still did so now, and how a single fact could change it's entire meaning, when viewed from another angle.

Seabreeze had no idea, what it meant to hunt day and night, spend long hours and even days away from home tracking and planning, and leading group hunts to take down big prey. And that after the prey was left in the cache for the matron's and children, there was hardly any energy left to interact with children and build those foundations. 

And Wraen had had no idea that having just food was not enough. She had not known, how one of Olive's kids had died (assumed that it was from natural causes) and that there had been a lot of other things going on. What really had been missing was the chance to talk things through. To sit down, discuss and listen. And she could leave things as they were and watch Seabreeze go or take the hardest path and talk. Make peace and maybe start anew. It was always better to have more friends in the world than enemies. 

"Seabreeze," Wraen spoke, "please, don't go yet. I am sorry about what I said earlier." This was true, this was sincere, although the first steps were never easy. "You are right - I never got a chance to interact much with either you or the kids, but I was not indifferent. It was just too much and too many on my shoulders - I was constantly away, tracking herds, planning hunts, hunting and bringing food back. And at the end of the day there was hardly any energy left. I am sorry, if I could not give you more, if I could not help you make you feel welcome and that I did not notice your emotional hunger," she said.

"We all worked hard to make things work, when they were doomed from the very beginning," letting so many puppies to be born was a mistake. "But you should have spoken up before everything was beyond repair. I can speak only for myself, but, what really hurt me and hurts still that you did not have enough trust in me to reach out and tell, what was wrong. That you kept it to yourself and simply dropped a bomb one day by getting up and leaving. That's, how it seemed to me - not that it is necessarily true in your books. I failed you as a leader and as a friend, but only because you two were kept silent, when you could have just asked."
Messages In This Thread
And I'll never let him go - by Wraen - October 22, 2018, 01:59 PM
RE: And I'll never let him go - by Seabreeze - October 22, 2018, 10:19 PM
RE: And I'll never let him go - by Wraen - October 25, 2018, 01:26 PM
RE: And I'll never let him go - by Seabreeze - October 27, 2018, 01:31 PM
RE: And I'll never let him go - by Wraen - October 28, 2018, 11:24 AM
RE: And I'll never let him go - by Seabreeze - October 28, 2018, 11:31 AM
RE: And I'll never let him go - by Wraen - October 28, 2018, 11:55 AM
RE: And I'll never let him go - by Seabreeze - October 28, 2018, 12:07 PM
RE: And I'll never let him go - by Wraen - October 28, 2018, 12:55 PM
RE: And I'll never let him go - by Seabreeze - October 28, 2018, 01:13 PM
RE: And I'll never let him go - by Wraen - October 28, 2018, 01:31 PM