Sun Mote Copse Hidalgo
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Just think, how fate loves to humour with us! Almost a year ago Wraen had left Sunspire, because she felt she had failed as a leader and it had been several happy and content months here, where she did not have to bother much with the crown, scepter and mantel of it. Now she faced the same career choice again and was neither thrilled, nor very willing to jump at the opportunity. Leadership meant responsibility and a lot of it and a selfish part of her shirked away from it. But did she really have a choice? 

Do the job that's in front of you. After all, would anything be different from, what she was doing now? There were children to teach, borders to watch, people to meet, alliances to be made. There were numerous little things that needed to be done and as a leader she did not have to do it alone. Finley might not feel like it at the moment, but she had a feeling that they were all equals here with valuable experience in different fields. It would never come down to her to carry the burden on her own. She had a team to trust and to rely on. 

"I think that we can be in this as equals, but I can take up the job," Wraen replied, indicating that she would not mind, if they decided differently in time to come. "And I will be honoured to have your support and advice," she told Elwood. "Our two top priorities at the moment are the defence and doing our best at teaching the kids to be as independent from our care as possible," she returned to the list of practical matters they needed to solve.

"I think that each one of us is qualified to either allow or forbid a person to join our ranks, when they first meet them on the borders - if I am not around, the rest of you can make that decision," Wraen said. "Niamh - with your experience in the mercenary trade, I would be happy, if you took the matters of this aspect in your paws. We can take turns to patrol the borders and the territory, but training the kids in defending themselves and being reasonable in the face of danger would be very important," she looked at Niamh, as she said this, then turned to Eljay.

"I know, how worried you are for your children's safety, but Weejay and Elfie are old enough now for you to treat them as young and capable adults," she said. "Elfie shows good promise at hunting small game and from now on both of them should be involved both in patrols with the adults, as well as in scouting outside the territory, when it is needed, and pushing them to train in hunting for themselves daily is a must. We are short of hands and we have to use everyone we have got," Wraen did realize that all points of the to-do-list might not be easy to fulfill, but still. 

"I will speak to Towhee personally as well - maybe there are some practical lessons we can carry out in collaboration," she finished her speech and looked around to see, if anyone else had something to add.
Messages In This Thread
Hidalgo - by RIP Niamh - August 23, 2019, 05:22 PM
RE: Hidalgo - by Elwood - August 23, 2019, 08:40 PM
RE: Hidalgo - by Finley - August 24, 2019, 07:18 AM
RE: Hidalgo - by Wraen - August 24, 2019, 12:47 PM
RE: Hidalgo - by Eljay - August 28, 2019, 01:37 AM
RE: Hidalgo - by RIP Niamh - August 28, 2019, 02:05 AM
RE: Hidalgo - by Elwood - August 28, 2019, 07:37 PM
RE: Hidalgo - by Finley - August 30, 2019, 10:35 AM
RE: Hidalgo - by Wraen - August 30, 2019, 12:21 PM
RE: Hidalgo - by Eljay - August 31, 2019, 02:47 PM
RE: Hidalgo - by RIP Niamh - August 31, 2019, 05:03 PM